132 Days....

JCDEERMAN

Spent 13 hours on the tractor Saturday getting seeds planted for them dang critters. I walked into our cabin and stood in front of the AC trying to cool off. Smelled like diesel, had sweat and dirt all over me. My uncle was there whose not a hunter. He asked me if whenever fall comes around, do I ever feel that all that hard work payed off. I said "every single year!". If it didn't, I wouldn't be out there.

Specializedjon

Spent 13 hours on the tractor Saturday getting seeds planted for them dang critters. I walked into our cabin and stood in front of the AC trying to cool off. Smelled like diesel, had sweat and dirt all over me. My uncle was there whose not a hunter. He asked me if whenever fall comes around, do I ever feel that all that hard work payed off. I said "every single year!". If it didn't, I wouldn't be out there.
Frickin 'Merica right there! Hail ya. Nothin better

Specializedjon

Honestly the work is just part of the fun to me. All that prep and calculation. I know it will pay off and I enjoy the time in the woods. It's a year round mindset for me and I love it.
Ditto. Even if I'm not "doing anything", just walkin in the woods is good for the soul.

rem270

Honestly the work is just part of the fun to me. All that prep and calculation. I know it will pay off and I enjoy the time in the woods. It's a year round mindset for me and I love it.
Agreed. Just bush hogging, tilling, and planting brings a lot of satisfaction to me whether it pays off that year or not. I think a lot of the time it pays off some years down the road and you not even know it. I just like being out there.

BSK

I'm envious you got yours done. I've been a bit distracted as of late and haven't even started. Not sure if I'm really going to plant this summer or not.

TNTreeman

I swear I enjoy the prep work. planting, and planning more than the kill now. Weird, I know.