13 year old daugther gets a 10

Jgard

I posted a couple of weeks ago that my season was over and it was time to take the kids. Well, I was finally able to do that yesterday with my daughter (I also have 16 year and 12 year old sons). Thank God for my daughter as she is always the first to want to go. She has hunted 3 or 4 times in her life and is a good luck charm. She always sees a big buck and it seems like they are everywhere when she goes. She missed a big 10 this year already (200 yards) and saw a 12 she could not get a shot on. This was her second hunt of the year and she saw this buck. I was blocked by the tree I secured my blind to. She said she was not sure if it was big enough to shoot (she will only shoot a good buck and will only donate it to hunters for the hungry - just her thing and I am just glad she will go). I told her it was up to her since I could not see it. She said it was at least a 6 pointer. I asked how big and she said about the size of the 8 pointer I have mounted. I said if it is that size then shoot it. She shoots it (only about 40 yards and staring right at us she said while we talked). We waited a little and then looked for blood. Nothing..... I know she is a great shot as she practices out to 100 yards and gets within a couple of inches of bullseye almost every time. It was dark and we gave up and I told her we would need to get up in the morning and drive back. She said no problem. We saw over 16 deer this morning with another big 8. We finally got down and searched for the buck she shot the night before and it was piled up in a ditch. I took a look and said "nice 6 pointer" you just cost me about $500.00 :) Got to get it shoulder mounted for her. She is very excited and giving her brothers grief as she now has the biggest buck!

Attachments

• 20171210_083824 (002).jpg
    20171210_083824 (002).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,373

jman 125

Wow the girls are getting it done this weekend congratulations to her and you . there is nothing like a daughters excitement when they out do dad :smash:

Latest posts