#11 Percussion caps

Wobblyshot1

Just got back from the NMLRA Spring shoot. The good news was that the magazine was full of Schutzen and Swiss black powder, however, with a 10# purchase limit.

Now for the bad news....#11 percussion caps were scarce and what was there was selling for ridiculously high prices...as high as $20 a tin. Simply put, manufacturers aren't making them in favor of fulfilling military contracts. This was discussed at the Board of Directors meeting and according to the president of the NMLRA the word is that production is likely not to resume till 2025.:mad:

Smo

Just got back from the NMLRA Spring shoot. The good news was that the magazine was full of Schutzen and Swiss black powder, however, with a 10# purchase limit.

Now for the bad news....#11 percussion caps were scarce and what was there was selling for ridiculously high prices...as high as $20 a tin. Simply put, manufacturers aren't making them in favor of fulfilling military contracts. This was discussed at the Board of Directors meeting and according to the president of the NMLRA the word is that production is likely not to resume till 2025.:mad:

Thanks for the update đź‘Ť

If the media gets ahold of this info the price of flints will double….. again!

I could be sitting on a gold mine! lol

Wobblyshot1

Glad you found some. Out of curiosity, I tried a search and couldn't find them at any Walmart nearby including the Crossville store. None of the others like Midway had them either. Cap gun shooters are going to be in a world of hurt unless somehow one the manufacturers has pity and decides to makes a big run of them.

Wobblyshot1

Thanks, Gravey, but I'm good. I'm just thinking about all the guys that still use them and come hunting season there will be few to none available. If you have them and don't need them, you should have no problem moving them.

Gravey

Thanks, Gravey, but I'm good. I'm just thinking about all the guys that still use them and come hunting season there will be few to none available. If you have them and don't need them, you should have no problem moving them.
I just checked and have 3 1/2 tins of them. The one not open is stuck but shaking it it's full.
41F6EB65-BB1E-4882-B617-B54BFF6D4A1B.jpeg

Wobblyshot1

There is a "real" shortage. At the NMLRA shoot in June, I witnessed someone buying a tin for $20 which I felt was really taking advantage of someone. Personally, $10 for the cci and $12 or for the rws would be more than fair owing to the present state of affairs.

TennesseeJed

Glad you found some. Out of curiosity, I tried a search and couldn't find them at any Walmart nearby including the Crossville store. None of the others like Midway had them either. Cap gun shooters are going to be in a world of hurt unless somehow one the manufacturers has pity and decides to makes a big run of them.
At a match in KY last month a guy who had just came from Friendship told me about the cap shortage. Everywhere I looked online was out.

The Sparta Walmart had them as well.

BLC

I just checked and have 3 1/2 tins of them. The one not open is stuck but shaking it it's ful
I just checked and have 3 1/2 tins of them. The one not open is stuck but shaking it it's full.
View attachment 143650
Gravey, If you'd sell me a tin of them, I'll come pick them up. I'm between Walter Hill and Lebanon. I have a few remaining in one tin of the RWS (German) like your red tin - and they have worked well for me.

Also, to other forum members: I have an unopened tin of Remington #10 caps (mostly used on revolvers); let me know if you need them in the Lebanon, Murfreesboro, Smyrna area.

Smo

Generous offers Guys!

Gravey I really appreciate the offer, but I'm good on #11 caps..
I bought more than I'll ever shoot in 08' when the GOAT gun salesman was elected…

Not that I have that many, I mostly shoot flintlocks and as you know there's no shortage of flint in Humphreys County.đź‘Ť

I just happened too be in Walmart just prior to reading this post.🤣

Plenty of Pyrodex & PowerBelts however..đź‘Ť

Smo

I've got some caps that definitely go back farther than 1997….👍
I've got worn out flints almost that old! lol

Just kidding….🤣
Sad thing is it's true…🥴

RobDooley

how many in a "tin"? Maybe I should go buy all those at Wal-Mart.