04 Honda foreman s electrical issue

Rammer Jammer

One evening I got home from hunting, I washed it down from having blood on it from an ol buck. After letting it sit outside to dry off a couple hours, I went to start it and it wouldn't start electrically. So here's my issues. Push the electric start... nothing. Replaced the starting solenoid and now I get a single click when pressing start button. Also, my lights will not come on. Turn the key switch, press light button, and either the display goes blank or crazy. I can use the rope pull start and it will run. The lights will then come on, but they are very dim, the red temp light or 4x4 light will stay on, and the display screen goes in and out. Please help. My first thought was did I get something wet that shouldn't be? Is my battery going crazy?

huvrman

I had a similar issue. I took a trip to the dealership to run an electrical check on it. It turned out to be a short in the starter itself. Had it replaced and no problem since.

backyardtndeer

Had similar issues with mine. After spending a good bit of time tracing down the problem, figured out that mice had gotten into the battery compartment and chewed some wires. Would look back at the wiring harnesses and inside the battery compartment. Check them to be sure they are making good connection, may just be something loose or not making good contact.

Spurhunter

My 03 rancher does the same thing occasionally. In the battery compartment there is a round thing with a couple red wires going into it. One of the wires has a loose connection and I have to push it in. I'm going to fix it right when I get time. Check all your connections in the battery box and make sure there's no water where it shouldn't be.

TN RDG RNR

One evening I got home from hunting, I washed it down from having blood on it from an ol buck. After letting it sit outside to dry off a couple hours, I went to start it and it wouldn't start electrically. So here's my issues. Push the electric start... nothing. Replaced the starting solenoid and now I get a single click when pressing start button. Also, my lights will not come on. Turn the key switch, press light button, and either the display goes blank or crazy. I can use the rope pull start and it will run. The lights will then come on, but they are very dim, the red temp light or 4x4 light will stay on, and the display screen goes in and out. Please help. My first thought was did I get something wet that shouldn't be? Is my battery going crazy?

Latest posts