0 turn mowers

redblood

Supporter
I have 2 commercial exmark (lazer z), a commercial swisher and a commercia cub.

exmarks all the way!

Wiley

It’s amazing how the opinions change here over the years. 10 years ago this question was unanimously answered with Big Dog mowers. I know because I was one that asked and bought a Big Dog 60” because of it. Now it’s seldom mentioned. Back then, Kohler engines were what everyone was saying to be sure that it had on it too. Now it looks like Kawasaki.
The folks that recommended Kohler engines must have been living in caves. In my entire life (64 years now) I have had 1 person recommend a Kohler engine and I think he was a Kohler employee. I KNOW he was an idiot. He had those crazy AOC eyes. Honda probably builds the best gasoline engine on the planet regardless of what it powers. They typically add a few dollars to the cost of a mower vs Kawasaki and I have always had very good service from Kawasaki engines.

Wildcat

Supporter
Hustler. I have one Fastrak Super Duty 48" that's on it's 11th season and never had a wrench on it in it's 255 hours. The other is a new Fastrak SDX 60" with less than 10 hours so far. The quality of these mowers is outstanding BUT regardless of brand I'd get one with a Kawasaki or Honda engine. Both of mine have Kawasaki 23 1/2 hp engines.
^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

mike52

Hustler. I have one Fastrak Super Duty 48" that's on it's 11th season and never had a wrench on it in it's 255 hours. The other is a new Fastrak SDX 60" with less than 10 hours so far. The quality of these mowers is outstanding BUT regardless of brand I'd get one with a Kawasaki or Honda engine. Both of mine have Kawasaki 23 1/2 hp engines.
Hustler is a great mower , but the 60 inch pro is around $15000 now

tnfisher46

I have 2 Toro commercial (60” & 48”). 60 inch has a 27hp Kohler with 1700+ hours with zero issues with the motor. I did have a pump to go out but it was covered under warranty. 48 inch has a 25 hp Kohler with 500+ hours and zero issues with the motor and mower.

Crow Terminator

The folks that recommended Kohler engines must have been living in caves. In my entire life (64 years now) I have had 1 person recommend a Kohler engine and I think he was a Kohler employee. I KNOW he was an idiot. He had those crazy AOC eyes. Honda probably builds the best gasoline engine on the planet regardless of what it powers. They typically add a few dollars to the cost of a mower vs Kawasaki and I have always had very good service from Kawasaki engines.
At the time, every one here were raving about how great they were. Bad Boy mowers came in a few engine options and everyone said to get a Kohler. With that said, I’ve had mine pert near 10 years and the only thing I have had mechanical go out was a safety switch for the seat/blade engage button. That’s mowing 5+ acres every week. The rest has been routine maintenance...filter, oil, blades. Have had to replace the belts a couple times. Otherwise its been one great mower. Has outlasted everything else I’ve had by a long shot. I almost hate bragging on it because that’s usually the death kneel jinx of anything.

Latest posts