0 for 1 on opening day

rem270

Missed my opportunity this morning. Got within 125 yards of 2 on the roost. When they flew down it sounded like they pitched into the field south of me. Instead of waiting and being for sure I got too anxious and tried to make a move around a bend where I thought they were. Walked 100 yards from my first set up and got busted by a hen. I immediately sat down in the field looking into the woods and got her calmed down. The 2 gobblers came in silent on me and I squeezed off a 30 yard shot between 2 trees and friggin missed! They had pitched down into the timber instead of the field I thought and more then likely would have came right by me. Little patience and rushed shot got me on opening day. Got on another with hens but couldn't get him in range.

Taking my nephew's on the ky juvi here in a bit so will get back after them in the morning.

DoubleRidge

Been there....I've been too aggressive and wished I hadn't....then other times was extra patient and looking back wished I'd a been more aggressive...its turkey hunting...good luck on your next hunt!

Speedwell-Hunter

Missed my opportunity this morning. Got within 125 yards of 2 on the roost. When they flew down it sounded like they pitched into the field south of me. Instead of waiting and being for sure I got too anxious and tried to make a move around a bend where I thought they were. Walked 100 yards from my first set up and got busted by a hen. I immediately sat down in the field looking into the woods and got her calmed down. The 2 gobblers came in silent on me and I squeezed off a 30 yard shot between 2 trees and friggin missed! They had pitched down into the timber instead of the field I thought and more then likely would have came right by me. Little patience and rushed shot got me on opening day. Got on another with hens but couldn't get him in range.

Taking my nephew's on the ky juvi here in a bit so will get back after them in the morning.
Back to the shooting range for ya! Brush on up!

Latest posts