Let me start by saying that I'm not intending on starting a "Baiting" debate...my question has nothing to do with hunting over bait...NOT A BAITING DEBATE...

Also, I am not claiming to be an expert on anything, quite the contrary...I'm still learning and have been able to work private land (120 acres) only for 2 years...I read alot (ALOT) about the Whitetail deer (books, magazines, internet). I disguss it alot with people I know and with some pro hunters. I try to form my own opinions and not go with what one individual says is best because I can find two reputable wildlife managers, pro hunters or authors who do well but use different philosophies on any given topic...

I do not bait...I do have food plots and feed and put out minerals from close of huting season until 3 weeks from bow opener (to ensure that I stay inside the law), after bow season starts I only have nature and the food plots...

My question: Wildlife feeding as been deemed as being a means of spreading disease. Tennessee Conservation and (BSK) are against feeding because of scientifical studies. If there are problems with feeding then why do other states (like Texas) allow feeding all year even durring hunting season? I have seen dramatic results in the deer I have on trail cam pics since I have started. They are fatter and appear to be healthier. The bucks seem to all have even racks (I have no pics this year of bucks with 3 on 1 side and 2 on the other etc...)

Not trying to offend anyone, like I said I am still learning...I have searched this in our forums and have not found the answer to why other states allow feeding all year when there is so much talk about it being unhealthy for wildlife...

Sorry so long but I do not want a debate on baiting and I am not trying to offend anyone...from my own opinions I have found a balance between "let nature provide everything, feeding does more harm than good, your lazy if you bait or have food plots and poor corn out and shoot everything that moves"

WHEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!