Ok if you need to catch up read this.
http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3300630&page=1#Post3300630

I received a reply today from the editor of the free racist press editor.
Actually the reply was from:

Alison Gerber
Managing Editor
Chattanooga Times Free Press
400 East 11th Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403

P: 423.757.6408
F: 423.668.5055

This is what she had to say:

Mr. Mires,

Thanks for writing to share your thought about about David Cook’s column.
I understand that many people will not agree with Mr. Cook. He is a columnist who writes his opinion and as such, the newspaper does not censor him or tell him what to write or think. By design, his columns are meant to provoke discussion and debate and, yes, sometimes they do provoke outrage.
We have many readers who love him and some who love to hate him. We have many who agree with one column he writes and disagree with the next. That’s to be expected for a columnist.
Again, thanks for writing.

Ok before I share my thoughts I will share my reply to her:

Thank you for your time that you took to reply.
We, myself and the 10,000 + members of http://www.tndeer.com will be taking this up with your advertisers and sponsors.
I understand he writes for effect, well 'mam, he got it this time.

The difference in us (paying LEGAL sportsmen of the state of TN) and the rest of the soap opera watchers, we hear the stuff wrote for effect but we take to heart and act on it, not just sit and complain about it.

Thank you again for your time and I wish you the best of luck,,,, you're going to need it.
D.

So from what I gather she said, yeah we let him say whatever he wants and we support him 100% just so we will get better sales ratings or whatever.
People like her and the owners of this rag live by ratings and subscriptions.
The ONLY way, in my opinion, to make an impact with them is through their pocketbook.
That means lots of emails to every single advertiser they have.
That is the ONLY way we will make any difference at all.
So I ask you, are you gonna watch Jerry Springer or are you going to stand up for what is right and do something about it?

Are you going to let tndeer, and myself, just be a blowhard that is all bark and no bite or are you going to remind them that tndeer once was a VERY strong presence in the outdoor world?

The choice is yours. I know what I am going to do and I will provide all the information you need to follow suit.
Agree, disagree, do whatever you wish but for God's sake DO SOMETHING.

Someone posted not long ago about the line that will be drawn.
I have drawn mine and this is where it starts.
We pay what we are required to do and I be dammed if I allow some blowhard to put down the officers that are working for us to uphold the laws that WE pay our dues to be in compliance with.

What are you going to do?
The choice is yours.

Might not seem like a big deal but to me, it is.