02/18/13 10:47 AM
Loc: Just North of Chatt-town
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc. - Legislative Action Committee |
Sen. Beavers' 2013 Firearms Freedom Act Amendments - SB0250 - would move to nullify federal laws and orders that violation the constitution.
Senate Bill 250 (SB0250), is a significant update to the 2009 Firearms Freedom Act that Senator Beavers championed. It also incorporates the substance of the 2nd Amendment Preservation Acts that are being run in many other states. This legislation, introduced by State Senator Mae Beavers, is intended to stop unconstitutional federal gun restrictions within Tennessee because Congress was never given the authority to pass such laws in the first instance. SB0250 would nullify federal attempts to “ban, regulate, or restrict…ownership, transfer, possession, or manufacture of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition” within the State of Tennessee.
Some legislators lack the spine to support this legislation and stand firm on the 10th Amendment as well as the full substance of the Bill of Rights. You will hear these legislators submissively pander to the federal government usurpation of power by chanting "the Supremacy Clause" as they repeat the federal lie that the mere existence of a federal law supercedes any state law. What those legislators fail to state or accept is that the Supremacy Clause only applies to federal action that is clearly within the scope of the very limited enumerated powers that have been given by the states to the federal government in the first place. The Supremacy Clause (at least until Justice Roberts comments on it) cannot cure an otherwise unconstitutional law and make it constitutionally enforceable.
The bill has been scheduled for a public hearing and potential vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, 02-19-13. (3pm CST) Your support and action is needed right now to help move this legislation forward.
TAKE ACTION NOW
CALL and EMAIL. Do both and do them repeatedly until you get to speak to these legislators and get written responses from them.
1. Please Contact the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee
Senator Kelsey: (615) 741-3036 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Politely thank him for scheduling the hearing and allowing the bill to be debated and voted upon. Encourage him to vote YES on SB0250 to move it to a full debate in the Tennessee Senate.
Make sure you tell Senator Kelsey that Tennesseans do not need or want an attorney general's opinion as to whether or not the attorney general thinks that this type of law may or may not be constitutional. Kelsey has indicated that he wants to get such an opinion but that is clearly just a maneuver to attempt to stop this important legislation.
2. Please Contact the rest of the members of the Judiciary Committee
Strongly, but respectfully, let each of them know that you want them to vote YES on SB0250. You want them to allow the full State Senate to be able to debate the merits of this bill. You want them to have the courage to stand up for the Constitution. Remind them that they swore an oath, and it’s their duty to stand help you preserve your right to keep and bear arms.
Sen. Doug Overbey
(615) 741-0981, email@example.com
Sen. Stacey Campfield
(615) 741-1766, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Mike Bell
(615) 741-1946, email@example.com
Sen. Lowe Finney
(615) 741-1810, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Ophelia Ford
(615) 741-1767, email@example.com
Sen. Todd Gardenhire
(615) 741-6682, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Mark Green
(615) 741-2374, email@example.com
Sen. John Stevens
615) 741-4576, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Attend the public hearing.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013. (3pm Central, Tentatively)
Be prepared to attend the committee meeting to show your support for the bill if you are in the Nashville area, or even to take off work and travel to Nashville to be present. We need a strong showing at this committee meeting.
4. Contact YOUR state senator and representative and request that they also contact these committee members and demand that they send this bill to the floor so that all legislators can have a vote and a voice on this important legislation. Use the following links to look up the phone numbers and email addresses for your personal legislators
House Member - emails and telephone numbers
Senate Member - emails and telephone numbers
TFA and PAC Contributions
TFA raises money not to support one party or the other but to support specific legislators or candidates who have demonstrated facts from which it is clear that TFA should support them to the extent we can. It is important for TFA to continue to grow its membership, its member support and its network with and among similar constitutionally based organizations. What can you do to help?
• Make a financial commitment to support and Join TFA. An annual membership is about the price of one box of self-defense ammo or a box of hunting rounds. If you are already a member, recruit additional members or chip in a few more dollars with a voluntary contribution to continue our struggle to restore our rights.
• Help TFA raise funds for the TFA PAC so that we can help to financially support not only the campaigns of those who have stood firm, particularly against the mandates of leadership, but also to support those who would challenge these "conservatives in name only" individuals during election cycles. As with Speaker Naifeh, we might not defeat Speaker Harwell, Rep. Gerald McCormick, or, based on recent events, even Lt. Gov. Ramsey in a general election but we can certainly defeat enough of those in the caucus who would return these leaders to power.
• You can make PAC contributions online and, if you desire, on an automatically recurring basis. TFA uses both PayPal and an alternative on the website that will process payments by credit card, debit card and even checks.
• Encourage others to take advantage of the free TFALAC email alert system. Continue to forward these messages as so many of you do but also encourage them to directly subscribe to the free alerts.
• Join the discussion and share your communications with legislators by participating in the TFA Facebook Group and taking an active role in the more detailed discussions and information sharing on the TFA Forum
TFA is a grassroots organization. Membership in TFA helps support our collective efforts by covering the costs of the TFA website, its forum, these alerts, and other organizational necessities. If you are receiving these emails and are not already a member of TFA, I urge you to consider joining TFA because your support is important.
If you would like to join or renew your membership, you can do so online at this link JOIN TFA
TFALAC ALERTS - mailing list maintenance
I am asking everyone who receives this email alert to forward it to others in your gun clubs, shooting/hunting networks and anyone who you think may be interested in TFA or these free alerts. I want to try and make sure that everyone who wants these alerts is receiving them.
If you receive this alert as a forward and you want to subscribe to it, you will need to send a subscription request through this link:
When you do, the system should send you (within 48 hours normally) a 2nd email to confirm the request. You must also respond to that confirmation email by simply hitting respond and then send - do not edit the subject line because it will contain a confirmation code. If your subject line is edited or in some instances truncated (thank you again AOL), then the subscription will fail.
DO NOT respond to this email address. It is used solely for outgoing mail and mail list processing.
Comments and replies should be directed to the TFA Online Forum
Membership and merchandise inquiries should be directed to lisaguthrie AT tennesseefirearms.com
MAILING LIST PERMISSION SETTINGS:
Our records indicate we have your permission to send email to the address used on this email communication.
If you wish to UNSUBSCRIBE click here and send the email from the account that you want removed from the mailing list. Do not alter the Subject line of the unsubscription email.
Copyright, Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc. 2013
Copyright, John Harris 2013
P.O. Box 198722, Nashville, TN 37219
Amateurs: Built the Ark
Professionals: Built the Titanic
Moderator: Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45
Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!