2013 Shed Hunting Contest

Time to hit the woods and find some fresh bone.

POST YOUR PICS OF EACH SHED IN THIS THREAD.
1. Each shed must be photographed and its picture posted in a reply to this thread to qualify.
2. Shed does not need to be measured unless it may qualify for Biggest Shed or Smallest Shed category.
3. You may put multiple sheds in one photo if you find a bunch in one day... does not matter, all that is needed is "pics or it didn't happen".

Contest opens Saturday, February 16.

Contest closes on Sunday, May 12.

Sheds found before February 16 will not qualify for the contest. Sheds do not have to be fresh from this year, as long as they are found by the contestant on or after Feb 16, 2013.

Winning Categories:
-Biggest Shed (Highest B&C score)
-Smallest Shed (Lowest score)
-Biggest Matching Set (Highest B&C score with estimated spread)
-Most Sheds (Highest number of sheds found)

RULES:

-Whitetail deer sheds only; no skulls or broken-off antlers
-Score using B&C (Please read instructions below)
-Shed hunting with dogs is allowed
-A pic must be posted of each shed to be entered. A separate thread will be started for the entries.
-Each entry photo must have something recognizable for size reference next to the antler, not behind or in front of the antler.
-Sheds are not limited to Tennessee if a member is out of state
-No sheds found prior to February 16 may be entered

PRIZES

This is a fun contest with no serious big prizes. Winners will get bragging rights.
HOWEVER, we got a couple small prizes donated as well...

nate17 is donating this slate call for winner of "Biggest Shed" category. Thanks Nate -

I will build a custom turkey tube call if anyone is interested, for winner of "Most Sheds" - I make them out of a solid piece of bamboo, will throw in extra latex to replace the reed, and will engrave the call with "Shed Head 2013". I know that not many people use a tube call, but you could keep it as sort of a "trophy" if you like. Best I can offer now.
This is one of my calls, but not the exact call for this contest:

Anyone else who would like to throw something in the pot, PM me.

CONTESTANTS:

If your name is not on the list, but you are sure you signed up, let me know, it's no big deal.

catman529
Master Chief
rem270
Hollar Hunter
nate17
TN Whitetail Freak
Heli-Hunter
PREDATORDJ365
geezer
lpo1981
horn master
Mossy Oak
landman
TN Larry
Mudbone
chip
TN RDG RNR
Rockhound
wlf89
bowtechgump
deerhunter10
northeasthunter
Bullfrog
brmaster
Diehard Hunter
Winchester
Lilwinchester
Crosshairy
timberjack86
trealtree
Bayou Buck
Hunter 257W
bbuck14
old buck 171
Poleaxe
double browtine
Jaahspike
BlountArrow
huntintn
Mtn Hunter
Good time Charlie

--------------

HOW TO SCORE SHEDS:
Read this even if you already know - there may be slight differences in how your score your antlers.

We will use the B&C system for scoring. I don't believe they have a method for single antlers, but I have adapted their system for the contest.

For single sheds, you will need the following measurements, in inches, to the nearest 1/8 inch:

-Length of main beam
-Length of all points longer than 1 inch (this does not include the tip of the main beam)
-Four circumference measurements

Add the above measurements together to score the shed.

CLICK HERE and read the instructions on how to measure points, beams, circumference, etc. Read all the way through the form to the bottom. Don't fill out the form; that is only for scoring a full rack on a deer.

MATCHING SETS

Score each antler separately as shown above, and add the two together for the total score.

SPIKES

For this contest, and I don't believe this goes by B&C, but for SPIKE sheds only, measure the length of the spike and one circumference measurement directly above the burr ONLY. Add these two measurements together for the score - hopefully this will keep it less confusing. This is obviously only for the "smallest shed" category.

--

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE