So, I started out with 35 chicken feet and 10 bald-head, skally-wags. You can read my original post here: Bwok Bwok Chicken, Chicken Bwok Bwok Chicken Heads. This was my second time making stock. Here are some notes on what I learned:

- Cleaning the chicken feet was an experience, and I did it wrong. I used boiling water when I should have used 150 to 170 degree water. It took me four to six hours to clean all 35 feet.
- I added the feet and heads to the pot, added enough cold water to cover, and put 2 tablespoons of vinegar per quart of water into the pot. I let them soak in the vinegar water for an hour. The acid in the vinegar helps draw the minerals out of the bones.
- I used a 32 quart pot and previous experience has taught me that my electric stove is ill equipped for such a large pot so I used my oven. I set the oven on 500 degrees to bring everything to a boil. Then set it on 200 degrees for twenty four hours.
- I let the stock cool overnight. The reason for using the feet is that they are full of gelatin, which is supposed to be super good for you. I thought that the gelatin would cause the stock to solidify somewhat once it cooled, but the next day it just looked like other stock I have prepared without feet.
- I didn't notice a difference until I froze it. Previous stock I made without feet would make a clear, slightly yellowish ice cube. This stock looks like frozen snow. I assume this is the gelatin from the feet.

I used the stock first in a biscuit dressing that I served at a weekend party. It received rave reviews. As the guests complimented my dish, I thought, "What the eyes don't see, the heart won't mind." ;\)

Now, for the other interesting part of this gelatin experiment. I made a venison stew Sunday. I used one Venison femur, which I cracked in half and roasted in the oven on 350 for 45 minutes. I used 6 cups of the chicken stock and enough water to cover my meat, which was a top shoulder roast. I put all of it in the oven on 250 for six hours.

I let it cool in the garage overnight, shredded the meat the next day, and added some cooked onions, carrots, and a can of diced tomatoes. Today, when I pulled it out of the fridge, it had the consistency of runny jell-o. Could this be the gelatin from the feet, the marrow from the femur, or something else?