i couldn't be more proud. she stuck it out through bad weather and only a few deer sightings. she never acted bored and never said she wanted to go home and it payed off for her.

her first was a 3pt that she had to shoot through a small opening through the woods and she drilled it perfectly. she was so excited when we walked up on it and her smile says it all.
[img][/img]

her 2nd was a small spike but still considered antlerless i guess since they were only 1 inch long or so but it might as well been a big 10 to her. she was super excited because this hunt was special simply because we called the deer in. about 10:30 saturday morning on jan. 12th i saw a deer way down the hill and it layed down. at this time i could only see it's head. i told my daughter that we would try to call it in. i thought it was a doe so i got my grunt call out and took it apart to change it from a grunt to a fawn bleat. i figured if i could do the fawn in distress that the doe might get up and run up the hill. it worked like a charm. that deer ran right up to us, only 10 yards away but i saw right off that it wasn't a doe. it bounced out to about 25 yards right out in the field and she killed it stone dead.
[img][/img]
i'm so thankful that she would rather hunt than play video games inside all day.