...and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was planning to make the 6 hour drive up to Kansas this weekend to shoot a few does on public land to finish filling my freezer in Dallas. Yesterday my boss's, boss's, boss, who I've known for 12 years, calls me and says he wants me to join him on a hunt. Apparently one of our company's vendors bought nine trophy whitetail hunts on a high fence ranch a few hrs from Dallas. They invited four senior executives from our company and one of them had to cancel at the last minute. I'm surprised they invited me to fill the gap, but I guess they figured that I hunt, I'm single and I could easily make the time at the last minute. It's a 1000 acre high fence ranch with big bucks and a number of exotics. I have no idea what to expect, but my expectations are low. I just hope we don't drive around until we see one and then get out and shoot it. I really don't want to hunt over a timed feeder, either. I hope we at least use a stand or a blind or maybe even spot and stalk. I know that at least one of the executives that's going is overweight and may never have fired a gun in his life, so I just don't see how the hunt could be very challenging. I figured it would not be a good career move to decline an all expenses paid trip like this with three members of my company's senior executive team, so Friday I head out with a group of corporate executives who want big antlers on their walls. Hopefully none of them are SEC fans. I wonder if it's even safe to eat the meat from these bucks? I have a feeling that I'll probably be the only one who will show an interest in the meat.

I'll give a candid recap of the experience when I get back.