One day an old man is sitting on a park bench and another man walks up and sits down. They exchange greetings.

Both men are similar in age and begin talking. They soon find out that they are both widows, alone in the world and have lots of common interests.

Before long they are making plans to meet again and have lunch, both seem to enjoy each other's company.
The next day they meet, have lunch and are making plans to do some other activities when one of the men invites the other to church the coming weekend. The man replys that he is not religious at all and would rather not, but thanked his new friend for the invitation.

The religious man seems to be amazed that his new friend is not a believer, and decides that he can't associate with him any longer....they part ways, never to meet again.

Two weeks later the non-religious man is sitting on that same park bench when another elderly man walks up, sits down and begins talking to him. Again, they soon realize just how much they have in common and are sure to become great friends. The topic of religion comes up and the new guy has the same opinions about religion as the other man, so they seem to be doing great.

The non-religious man begins to ask the new man about what he thinks about the country and politics.....

The new man replies that he does not like politics, never has and just tries to ignore the whole thing all together. He seems to have no opinion on the state of the country or how things are today.

In a fit of rage, the non-religious man stands up, tells his new friend what he thinks of someone with so little caring about his country, tells him that he doesn't think that he can be friends with someone like that and walks away, never to see him again.

There is a moral to this story, I guess. I think that I'll let you figure it out on your own..

Enjoy your weekend!!

Edited by Bottom Hunter (01/05/13 07:24 AM)

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.