I've cooked deer chili several different ways but today's was by far the best. In my opinion the more meat in chili the better and it has to have a little bit of a kick. I'll include the recipe below, it looks like a lot of work but its really easy.

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion chopped
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Lb Stew meat (I used deer cubed up but you can by beef stew meet)
2 Lbs Hot sausage
1 Lb Ground Deer burger
1 Can (28oz) Whole tomatoes
1 Can (6oz) tomato paste
1 Can (4oz) Chipotle Chili peppers
3 Tablespoons Dark Chili powder
2 Teaspoons Cumin
2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Can (15oz) Baked Beans
1 Can (15oz) Kidney Beans
1 Can (15oz) Pinto Beans
1 Cup Coffee

1.) In a deep pot, heat the oil on Meium. Add the onions and garlic, cooking just until soft.
2.) Add the deer and sausage and brown.
3.) Pour the whole tomatoes into a bowl and hand crush them, then add them to the meat in the pot, along with tomato paste, chili powder, chipotle peppers, cumin, thyme, cocoa, salt, sugar, baked beans.
4.)Stir, cover the pot, and simmer on low for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally and add water if needed.
5.) Stir in the kidney beans, pinto beans, and coffee, continue to cook for about another 30 minutes or until stew meat is tender.

If your not a fan of warm stuff leave out the chipotle peppers and swap hot sausage for mild. To me it just had a little spice to it but to some it may be to much. This is a very thick and heavy chili full of meat just the way I like it! Also it makes a good bit so it will last my family a couple days.

Edited by PcDeer (12/16/12 07:33 PM)