Some of you that have followed my posts may know that the land I hunt and manage (with my father and uncle) is located in East Tennessee. We have taken some truly special deer off our property the last few years.

When my father and uncle purchased the property 13 years ago, the only deer sign we saw the entire first year was a single deer track. We didn't see the first deer until the second year.

Anyways, this year we had our first potential booner on our property. I've been following this buck since he was 2 1/2 years old. I have his sheds and hundreds of trail cam pics of him.

Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that one of the members on the lease adjoining our property killed him a week ago. As a 17 pointer, he scored 170. I'm sick over it, but this just goes to show that patience and the proper management techniques can produce great bucks even in areas where the odds are stacked against you.

He has a split G3 on the left side and a split G2 on the right side. He was 5 1/2 and it appears his left eye has been knocked out. I'd like to think the first buck I killed this year knocked his eye out, but who knows...

Here are the last pictures I have of him before he was killed (*sigh*).

"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jer. 29:11

Hunting Photography:

facebook.com/AMOutdoorPhotography

www.amcunninghamoutdoors.com