Tonight we made 2 steaks from a 2 1/2 year old Wisconsin buck and a 1 1/2 year old Tennessee doe, both killed this year.

We seasoned them with a bit of garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, pepper and Texjoy steak seasoning. Mine were grilled to medium rare and my wife's to well done(yeah she's a freak, likes them so done they are crispy).

Both were excellent, but the Wisconsin meat was surprisingly more tender with the Tennessee meat had a hint of sweetness to it. I know they had much different diets and that's probably what factored the difference. I knew there would be slight differences but I didn't think we'd be able to pick them up so easily.

The Wisconsin deer was killed in Sept on archery opener. From a high agriculture area with wooded wet lands in between. His belly was fully of alfalfa and corn. The Tennessee deer was killed the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Macon Co, in a very hilly area with limited agriculture but plenty of woods. I didn't cut her belly open, I normally do and don't have a reason I didn't do it this time. First time I was hunting alone and just was tired after my first Tennessee hill drag and wanted to get her in the bed of the truck.

We're going to make some bacon wrapped jalapeno's with some ground Wisconsin venison to take to a party when the Packers play the Titans.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here