...and first buck. Got home from work with about an hour of daylight left.Planned to go find a place for a blind on a neighboring property I got permission to hunt on this year.Grabbed my 13year old son and slipped on a pair of black jogging pants, a black carhart shirt and went ahead and put my camo jacket on and my orange. My son did likewise. We took our chairs because we planned to build up some brush for a blind and go ahead and leave our chairs out there for later this week.I had my CVA optima I bought this year and we were walking along a creek bed down in a bottom .As we were easing along we heard running and saw a doe running toward us about 30 yards up the ridge. When she got even with us she sort of hesitated and then ran on up the hill. About 40yards behind her came a little 7 point buck. He saw us and stopped for a second to see what we were. So I up with the optima, put the dot of the Mueller sport dot scope on his side and let her rip. He ran up the hill about 10yards and tried to circle back the way he had come. He went another 10 yards or so and went down. My hunting buddy was tickled pink. We gotta get him one next. The old boy is already cut up and aging in the extra fridge. All in all a great day.. ...