I agree with much of this analysis. As much as some people want to took at everyone as "Americans", the demographics can't be ignored. More and more people are voting for their race and gender and not for the country.

Obama's demographic edge

The makeup of the country is changing dramatically. Romney did even worse among Hispanics than McCain. That's a really bad statistic. Republicans need to adapt to a changing American population, and quickly. When Obama signs immigration reform legislation this term he will be a hero to Hispanics across the country and Democrats will solidify the support of Hispanic voters even further. Republicans need to find a way to take some of the credit for immigration reform or they will lose even more of the Hispanic vote and will NEVER win the Presidency and certain Senate seats ever again. Some form of amnesty is almost a given now. Republicans can continue to resist it, but they will pay dearly for doing so. I think the best they can hope for is a compromise where Democrats agree to finally secure the border for real in return for Republicans agreeing to some type of amnesty. Many Hispanics are socially conservative. They have strong family values and most of them are devoted Christians. Republicans need to tap into this. It's the only way they are going to be able to defeat Democrats in the future.