Finally made my first kill of the season this morning. It was a little unorthodox but VERY effective. Two does came in at about 8:30 am this morning and I waited for a perfect shot. Well it wasn't happening. Finally at 32 yards I was offered an opportunity through a small opening in some limbs. I felt steady and calm as I squeezed the release. I didn't see the hit but heard the arrow hit the deer and watched it take off. It looked like the arrow had gone in and stuck into the opposite shoulder because it looked like it was running with just 3 working legs.

I climbed down and looked for blood finding it almost immediately and in large quantities. The blood was dark like a liver hit but I felt that was immpossible. I found my arrow about 10 yards into the tracking job and it was covered in blood with the broadhead missing. I found the deer about 50 yards later and upon inspection, I had a clean pass through shot. THROUGH THE NECK! I have no idea what happened to cause this. Maybe I made a bad shot, hit a limb, deer jumped the string. Who knows, all I know is that it was effective. Massive blood loss and a very dead deer. Obviously not where I was aiming or would ever aim with a bow but incredibly deadly nonetheless.