This is a combination of a Nashville Hot Chicken recipe and a Slow-Cooker Sticky Wings recipe. Poser, I want your thoughts on this and for you to try it out. Anyone else, who wants to, try it out and let me know your thoughts as well. Here it is:

Brine
2 quarts water
1/4 c hot sauce (I used tabasco)
1/4 c salt
1/4 sugar
Mix brine in bowl. Place squirrels in brine. Refrigerate for one to two days.

Slow Cooker
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 c dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbs soy sauce

Mix dry ingredients. Combine soy sauce and dry ingredients; place in slow cooker. Toss squirrels in sauce. Turn slow cooker on low and cook 3-4 hours until squirrels are tender but not yet falling apart. Once an hour or so rotate the squirrels in the slow cooker (move bottom to top and vice-versa). You will know the squirrels are done when the meat starts to flake.

Broil
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c soy sauce
1/2 c ketchup

When squirrels are done, cut your broiler on and place oven rack on lower middle position. Remove squirrels from slow cooker and let cool for twenty minutes. Whisk ingredients. Toss squirrels in half of sauce; reserve remaining half. Place wire rack inside baking sheet. Place squirrels on wire rack. Place baking sheet in the oven. Broil for 10-15 minutes until squirrels are slightly charred. Flip squirrels and baste in remaining sauce. Broil another three minutes until caramelized.

I tried this tonight, and they are good. If cooked right in the slow cooker, the squirrel will be as tender as chicken with a great spicy flavor.