In a recent post, you said that your property has become such a doe and yearling mecca during the summer that it drives the bucks out of the area during that time. Can you explain that for me?

The area I primarily hunt (around 300 acres) is about half 20 year old CRP and the other half is mixed timber and fields (10 acres of the fields are planted in Corn for ducks when we flood it later in winter, about 5 acres of clover, and 2 or 3 acres of wildlife mix (from the TWRA) and beans. It's bordered on one side by 500 acres of really good timber, on one side by a river, and the other sides by row crop. During the summer, we see tons of does and yearlings but get very few pictures of mature bucks (although we get several yearling bucks), about late October we start seeing several mature bucks and usually manage to kill one or two during the rut.

I did not know that does and yearlings would drive bucks out of an area during the summer, but if so would this explain our lack of mature buck sightings prior to season?

Thanks