well this morning I did a little dove hunting and met up with Nimrod. We had the dove fields to ourselves and he took one field, while I took the other. He fired once at some pigeons and I looked and saw a lone dove coming my way. I took 3 shots at a bird that anyone could have killed... missed all 3 times.... but to bring some meat home anyway I shot a pigeon off its nest \:D Don't get on me for not properly "hunting" the pigeon, I was not hunting, just killing a nuisance species for meat...

I don't get to shoot skeet as often as I should cause I have to drive at least 45 min one way if not more, and it's just not convenient to go practice so I haven't gotten much shooting done lately. I guess these doves will be my practice. I am shooting regular dove loads 7.5 or 8 shot and a mod choke in my 12 gauge. I aim a bit in front of the bird when I shoot... either it's not lined up right, or i am pulling instead of squeezing the trigger, or I haven't got the right amount of lead on the bird, guess I will shoot at a few more and figure it out. I did manage to kill the first one I shot at, in the first shot, so I will see if I can work on doing that more often...