Best way i have found to cook em. Borrowed it from a long time culinary expert who specializes in wild game.

10- dove breast- cleaned, butterflied and brine for 2 hours in salt water
10- thick slices of virginia ham
10- slices baby swiss cheese
10- slices maplewood smoked bacon

seasonings for dry rub for dove breast- garlic salt, onion powder, creole seasoning and paprika

instructions- after brining, mix seasonings and dry rub breast of both sides. go heavy if a little heat is to your liking

lay dried rubbed doves out and put a slice of ham, followed by a slice of cheese. wrap tightly. then wrap a piece of the thick cut bacon securely around dove, ham and cheese. I prefer Fulsoms Smokehouse extra thick maplewood bacon, but any would work for this endeavor .secure with two toothpicks for each bird.

cook over a 300-325 degree grill for 18-22 minutes or until bacon is crispy and cheese is fully melted. the key is not to overcook dove meat as they have a very low fat percentage and tend to dry out quickly when exposed to high heat. remove from heat and rest for 3-4 minutes. Finally, remove tootpicks, feed the dove meat to the dog (if he will eat it) and eat the ham, bacon and cheese mixture.