Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#932687 - 09/24/08 05:34 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: bob]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

After readin the Drake thread, I must admit it gave me some things to think about. I've always been a big believer in the free exchange of info. I still believe in it, but maybe there are lines you shouldn't cross.

I know it's selfish, but since river traffic is 10x what it was since the Field & Stream props and all the tartar sauce posting, I'm getting sick of getting aluminum scraped on my fly line.

I said it a year ago, and I hoped it wouldn't be true. We're going to have to go through another bad fishing cycle before the meat hunters and tourists leave the trout alone. I don't think we can get better regs. in time if it even happens at all. I predict the fishery will have to crash and burn again. I'm rambling a bit, but it all goes back to whether scrubs posted this so folks would target spawners for the wall so the fishery would be decimated.

I hate this stuff. JMO

Dr. Saxton Pope

#932696 - 09/24/08 05:46 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: gil1]
MFBAB
10 Point

Loc: Memphis, TN

Sounds like a c&r section on the Caney would make a lot of people happy around here. At the least they should have seasonal c&r zones around the spawn.

#932722 - 09/24/08 06:16 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Fordman]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: Troy Basso
 Originally Posted By: captain hook
Here is how I look at it and I will get roasted for this but here goes \:D

On any body of water lake, river, or stream. There is a good number of folks who have spent the majority of their life learning areas, spots, etc. and how to fish that place better then others. All of a sudden some new joker shows up, milks info from others, then has the audacity to slather it on every internet forum in the world. That makes people mad.

There is also this view (probably the majority) that you have someone who is fairly new to the sport who learns a few things about a river or a species. Next thing you know this person is boasting about how they are the authority on that and painting a picture which portrays them as an expert. What bothers the crap out of people on this one is that the person is doing this to only try and make themselves look good or in other words stroke their ego. Sometimes it is for monetary gain, but most of the time it is to make them look like a pro, when in reality that is not the case.

We are blessed with 2 folks in East Tn with the above traits. One is a guide, and the other an idiot who lives in Atl. now. Neither know much, but choose to right books, articles, and blogs based on their "years" of experience. Problem is most who know them, know how little they actually comprehend.

Lives in Atlanta.... would he happen to have a website and first name of Zac?

Yes. You and he buddies?

#932724 - 09/24/08 06:22 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: captain hook]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Here is how I look at it and I will get roasted for this but here goes \:D

On any body of water lake, river, or stream. There is a good number of folks who have spent the majority of their life learning areas, spots, etc. and how to fish that place better then others. All of a sudden some new joker shows up, milks info from others, then has the audacity to slather it on every internet forum in the world. That makes people mad.

There is also this view (probably the majority) that you have someone who is fairly new to the sport who learns a few things about a river or a species. Next thing you know this person is boasting about how they are the authority on that and painting a picture which portrays them as an expert. What bothers the crap out of people on this one is that the person is doing this to only try and make themselves look good or in other words stroke their ego. Sometimes it is for monetary gain, but most of the time it is to make them look like a pro, when in reality that is not the case.

We are blessed with 2 folks in East Tn with the above traits. One is a guide, and the other an idiot who lives in Atl. now. Neither know much, but choose to right books, articles, and blogs based on their "years" of experience. Problem is most who know them, know how little they actually comprehend.

Lives in Atlanta.... would he happen to have a website and first name of Zac?

Yes. You and he buddies?

I was gonna send you a PM but your "over your limit". Lets say I dont care for that person... not even a little

Edited by Troy Basso (09/24/08 06:26 PM)

#932755 - 09/24/08 06:44 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Fordman]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
 Originally Posted By: Old Hunter1
I might add that if you find humor in squealing like a pig that you are in sad shape.
Ned Beaty is his favorite actor.

Aww you funny guy.... odd thing is that movie was just on the other night.... Darm does ole Burt look different back then!
Don't we all! lol

#932763 - 09/24/08 06:49 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: 4onaside]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Troy I am with you. I can't stand that dude, he is the epitome of know it all, and in reality everyone around him knows he doesn't know squat.

I remember him when he was in law school and trying to have "casting" competitions with me and some other guys at The Creel here in Knoxville. To say he bit off more then he could chew was an understatement.

Very few people in this world would I associate with the word hate, but he is one of them. Heck how many more articles is he going to right and not even know which state he is in, before people call his bluff.

Zach Matthews, a real winner in the fly-fishing world, :rolleyes:

#932768 - 09/24/08 06:53 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: captain hook]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Zach Matthews, a real winner in the fly-fishing world, :rolleyes:

Did he post maps too?

#932887 - 09/24/08 07:52 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Fordman]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

Originally Posted By: Old Hunter1
 Originally Posted By: bob

I donít think banning was mentioned. Squealing like a pig maybe, but not banning.

Are you a member on the Drakemag forum?

I am is there a problem with that? If you cant find the humor in Tennessee website and the Squealing like a pig comment you are in sad shape. That was funny I dont care who you are!

ahhhh...So Mr.troy basso u are aka fordman and aka bob...... \:D \:D \:D .....U must have one of them thingies called......ummmmm i cant rememember right of way.....Oh yeah.. MULTI-PERSONALITY-DISORDER.

Btw.....i like your articles in fishin facts magazeen! \:D

#932894 - 09/24/08 07:55 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: shorefisherman]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

thanks but I am not Bob... not sure who he is but he is also on the drake. Thanks I wish more places carried that magazine.
#932924 - 09/24/08 08:05 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Fordman]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Troy, I checked your website. I really like the Gar fishing part.
Once when my son was about 4-5 we were trolling for crappie and a Gar got hold of a pole and took off.

The little dude would not let go luckily I grabbed his life jacket just in time or he would have been in the water....which means I would have been in the water.

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
83 registered (KyRick, Rebel, bigjohn, TN Whitetail Freak, Brisco Darlin, Bullfrog, 15 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85229 Topics
1029990 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.303 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.