Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#931777 - 09/24/08 09:51 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Tubakka]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

What's wrong with giving info? I thought that's what this was all about...besides...we're not talking areas you can get to wading too...it takes effort. Most people who are just super casz won't put forth the effort. And they still won't be able to get the big fish.
#931807 - 09/24/08 10:09 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Tubakka]
timeless
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: here

It was on the drakemag forums.
#931837 - 09/24/08 10:19 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Tubakka]
bob
4 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: Tubakka
Most people who are just super casz won't put forth the effort. And they still won't be able to get the big fish.

Tubakka why do you think it is so hard to catch a 20Ē and over Brown? They are perhaps the easiest fish to manipulate in our waters. Take your big method on a Bass tournament trial and see how fast you lose your money.

#931874 - 09/24/08 10:37 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: bob]
madMax
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Yes that is quite a thread indeed..lol
If I was scrubs I would be paranoid everytime I hit the river, looks like he has truly pissed TONS of people off. I dont even fish the CAney yet it saddens me to see those maps. The Caney regulars might find themselves with 10,20, or maybe even 2,000 less 20inch "trophies" to fish for next year...

#931877 - 09/24/08 10:38 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: timeless]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Been away for a while, and lord ha mercy!

My take - I have no problem with the free sharing of info. When someone tells another to try a size whatever white suchandsuch in the first riffle below the dam on the Elk River to help someone get their child their first fish, that's the same thing scrubs did. Yes, he did it to the nth degree, but I don't think you can draw a line on helping others.

There's been discussion that scrubs' motive was wrong, that he wants to decimate the fishery quicker to force TWRA to change the regs. Again, we're talking about an opinion. Even though the idea gives me the heebie jeebies, it's only an opinion. And I'm not even sure he wasn't joking.

As most of you know, I don't agree with killing big fish. You can call it "harvest" all day long, but they're still dead enough to where I can't catch them. Right or wrong, I like catching them more than eating them. That's my opinion. I don't like any post that teaches folks how to kill fish, but teaching folks how to catch them is fine in my book. Even Tubs teaching others how to catch fish is commendable in my book.

Unfortunately, there's a lot more to it, though. There's an area that is legal but that I consider to be unethical and non-sporting. Snagging fish, targeting trout on the reds, and killing big fish are a huge no-no for me. I hate that some folks voice a different opinion and teach others ways that I disagree with, but that's none of my dern business. Folks are allowed to enjoy the sport in their own way, and I'm all for that.

IMO, scrubs ruffled some feathers like he always does, but you can't ban a guy for having the unpopular opinion or possibly having lower but still-legal standards. If that were the case, Tubs would have been strung up by his heels long ago.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#931932 - 09/24/08 11:01 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: gil1]
bob
4 Point

Loc: tn

Hey gill the first post this guy put up was a map of spawning locations on the caney and how to target fish on bed and snagging was mentioned. Then he ended it with lets see them wall hangers. That post got deleted from here for some reason so he posted this map. Defend that kind of BS if you will but most real sportsmen will be a little pizzed about it. Ö

I donít think banning was mentioned. Squealing like a pig maybe, but not banning.

#931969 - 09/24/08 11:19 AM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: bob]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Here is how I look at it and I will get roasted for this but here goes \:D

On any body of water lake, river, or stream. There is a good number of folks who have spent the majority of their life learning areas, spots, etc. and how to fish that place better then others. All of a sudden some new joker shows up, milks info from others, then has the audacity to slather it on every internet forum in the world. That makes people mad.

There is also this view (probably the majority) that you have someone who is fairly new to the sport who learns a few things about a river or a species. Next thing you know this person is boasting about how they are the authority on that and painting a picture which portrays them as an expert. What bothers the crap out of people on this one is that the person is doing this to only try and make themselves look good or in other words stroke their ego. Sometimes it is for monetary gain, but most of the time it is to make them look like a pro, when in reality that is not the case.

We are blessed with 2 folks in East Tn with the above traits. One is a guide, and the other an idiot who lives in Atl. now. Neither know much, but choose to right books, articles, and blogs based on their "years" of experience. Problem is most who know them, know how little they actually comprehend.

#932394 - 09/24/08 02:53 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: captain hook]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Originally Posted By: captain hook
Here is how I look at it and I will get roasted for this but here goes \:D

On any body of water lake, river, or stream. There is a good number of folks who have spent the majority of their life learning areas, spots, etc. and how to fish that place better then others. All of a sudden some new joker shows up, milks info from others, then has the audacity to slather it on every internet forum in the world. That makes people mad.

There is also this view (probably the majority) that you have someone who is fairly new to the sport who learns a few things about a river or a species. Next thing you know this person is boasting about how they are the authority on that and painting a picture which portrays them as an expert. What bothers the crap out of people on this one is that the person is doing this to only try and make themselves look good or in other words stroke their ego. Sometimes it is for monetary gain, but most of the time it is to make them look like a pro, when in reality that is not the case.

We are blessed with 2 folks in East Tn with the above traits. One is a guide, and the other an idiot who lives in Atl. now. Neither know much, but choose to right books, articles, and blogs based on their "years" of experience. Problem is most who know them, know how little they actually comprehend.

Lives in Atlanta.... would he happen to have a website and first name of Zac?

#932424 - 09/24/08 03:04 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: Fordman]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Tubakka, I sent you a PM
#932567 - 09/24/08 04:17 PM Re: Stillnscrubs; I see you are making friends [Re: bob]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Originally Posted By: bob

I donít think banning was mentioned. Squealing like a pig maybe, but not banning.

Are you a member on the Drakemag forum?

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
65 registered (Food Plot 101, sgtwebb1, Nooga Hunter, Backstrapcrazy, stik, Jaye, 9 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85394 Topics
1031828 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.223 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.