Lincoln Co Archer
8 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

anybody been to the elk river lately?

#921972 - 09/18/08 07:49 AM Re: elk river [Re: Lincoln Co Archer]
bob
4 Point

Loc: tn

There are no Big Browns on the Elk stay away. Lets destroy one river at a time please. Now back to the Caney Fork.

Edited by bob (09/18/08 07:50 AM)

#922081 - 09/18/08 09:00 AM Re: elk river [Re: bob]
trealtree
16 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: bob
There are no Big Browns on the Elk stay away. Lets destroy one river at a time please. Now back to the Caney Fork.

Good job helping out a new member....

If I knew anything about the Elk I would help you out.

#922808 - 09/18/08 03:01 PM Re: elk river [Re: trealtree]
~RIK~
Button

Loc: TN

So bob, what makes you think the Caney is being destroyed? Granted, there are way to many people lining the banks every weekend, but most don't keep many fish and very few even target the trophies. In fact, I've never seen more fish in the Caney and the numbers of big fish continue to grow especially with the size limit set on browns. I wouldn't mind seeing a slot limit on rainbows and brookies to increase the number of trophies in the water.

I grew up in Lincold County and cut my teeth fishing on the Elk. I haven't fished it in some time but I know it still holds good numbers and size of both rainbow and brown trout. Just recently heard of a 26 inch brown coming out of the Elk which has peaked my interest. Might be time for this country boy to reacquaint him self with the Might Elk!

LC Archer,
I'll let you know how we do as soon as I have time to get down there.

RIK

#923084 - 09/18/08 05:44 PM Re: elk river [Re: bob]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

Bob, you are a complete tool in every sense of the word. I don't bash members of TNDEER but since "BOB" is a dummy screen name for a normal member I have no problem with it.

#923152 - 09/18/08 06:31 PM Re: elk river [Re: ~RIK~]
Lincoln Co Archer
8 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

thanks RIk i fish the elk quite often on down bass fishing and i normally go a couple of times a year below the dam and but i havent had the chance this year. last year when everything was normal i caught 20+ inch browns almost every trip and as many rainbows as you wanted to catch. the info would be much appreciated.

#923174 - 09/18/08 06:44 PM Re: elk river [Re: bob]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

Bob, or whoever u are, Why are u so negetive on your posts??
If u dont respond ill understand.

#923324 - 09/18/08 08:17 PM Re: elk river [Re: shorefisherman]
bob
4 Point

Hmm let me see Iíve been fishing TNís tailwaters for many years. Iíve seen em rise and fall. Caney is going to fall. Just look around at all the people now taking every large Trout they catch. What you see on here is a drop in the bucket to what is really being taken. But everyday on here it seems like a thread pops with a single fish or a stringer of 20Ē dead Trout. Then a guy named tubs sets out on a crusade to tell the whole web that Caney has big Trout and encourages the harvest of the fish caught. Then some asshat posts maps of the rivers hot spots and wants to see wall hangers. All of a sudden you canít find a place to stand on the river. If you donít think all the publicity and harvest is going to hurt the river as a big fish river then you have alot to learn. There are some other rivers which will remain nameless where people like Tubs and scrubs would be found naked and cold as stone in a sink hole if they put out the kind of info they have here.

But like I said lets keep it localized to the Caney cause there arenít any big browns in the Elk.

BTW, Someone on here just suggested a stocker brown will be over 20Ē by spring. Thatís some impressive growth rates how long have you studied these fish to learn that? You all obviously like to catch these fish so a word to the wise. Let them go or youíll be catching dinks like the other fly fishermen.

Yea lure Iím the tool. Have another BushÖ.

Edited by bob (09/18/08 08:58 PM)

#924904 - 09/19/08 08:36 PM Re: elk river [Re: bob]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

ck this out bobb. i was lauchin at the dam couple weeks ago when i saw this twra's shock boat. I asked them lots of questions including them 20"+ browns being depleted by overharvesting. He said they shocked plenty of browns over that size in just 2 miles from dam and they werent concerned.
There is a reason why there is a limit of 2 browns over 18" perday, cause they did the math on how many people on a given time is harvestin browns and bows, thats why its a put in and take out system of river.
and u are assuming that the browns posted here recently excpet for trealtree's were kept right?
if u dont like crowds, just fish it in the winter when the temp is in the teens, u wont see a soul on the whole river!
btw i wouldnt fish the elk if someone paid me. u bob, must be a GUIDE!

#925360 - 09/20/08 08:44 AM Re: elk river [Re: shorefisherman]
bob
4 Point

Lets hope they are not being carried out faster then they are surviving but think about all the fish that HAVE been removed. Those fish are gone and have no chance of growing to 15,20 or heaven forbid 30 pounds. Those fish had learned how to survive and were destined to be REAL giant fish but instead were removed to feed egos and pot bellies. Look at what size and creel limits have done to crappie and Bass. Plenty of undersize fish, a few keepers, big fish are rare. Ever fished a zero limit Bass lake in FL? Stick Marsh, farm pond 13 come to mind and they are mind blowing places to fish.

The big fish on the elk are a different breed. They eat all the same but due to current flows those jerkbaits arenít as effective. You gota learn a new game, develop more skills, evolve as an angler, to catch those fish. This is why most people donít fish it,, thankfully.

Iím no guide, hopefully Iím a voice of reason.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (tn gunman, 7mm08, SilverFox, Good time Charlie, SES, Frank G, 11 invisible) and 140 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85169 Topics
1029319 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.216 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.