Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#911552 - 09/12/08 09:37 AM yet another whisker biscuit problem
broken tine
Spike

Loc: carroll,Co.

HAs anyone ever heard of a w/b not tuning on certain bows? I shoot an older PSE and my pro-shop called me yesterday saying they couldn't get my biscuit to tune, so now I'm faced with buying a new rest!! Input please
#911561 - 09/12/08 09:42 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
RussellvilleRob
8 Point

Loc: Russellville

I dont see him tuning it without you there anyway.

Am I right Radar?

#911567 - 09/12/08 09:45 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: RussellvilleRob]
broken tine
Spike

he's just paper tuning it for me>
#911602 - 09/12/08 10:07 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
Jubal
4 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Did he try more than one rest? I guess it is possible that the riser is too thick to allow enough adjustment for the WB - since it is an older bow. A lot of the older bows were made thicker. Just a thought.

Not a big fan of allowing anyone to tune my bow. Or even shoot my bow for that matter. Paper tuning can easily be done at home and it helps you identify possible problems that you are causing.

#911615 - 09/12/08 10:13 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
Jubal
4 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Not a fan of the WB either - but I wouldn't call them "junk". It is a great rest for hunting.

BT-
If you are going to get another, I'd suggest that you get a good dropaway.

Edited by Jubal (09/12/08 10:14 AM)

#911702 - 09/12/08 10:55 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
f1maxis
4 Point

Loc: East TN

Originally Posted By: broken tine

He can't paper-tune if for you, that's something you have to do yourself. Each person applies torque to the bow in different ways, therefore you need to be the one shooting the bow when it's being tuned.

#911718 - 09/12/08 11:04 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: f1maxis]
highway
4 Point

Loc: Shelbyville, TN

never had trouble out of my whisker biscuit. I shoot dang good with mine. Preference of choice I guess.
#911907 - 09/12/08 12:44 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: highway]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

You will sometimes get false readings when paper tuning with a WB rest . I once was getting tail high paper tears indicating nock high , but I actually ended up below square with the string loop and the back end of the shaft was striking the bottom of the WB frame causing the arrow to rebound upwards .
There are many factors that affect bow tune besides the rest too . Arrow spine is critical , as well as the nock location , cam rotation on single cams , cam timing on dual cams , centershot , string stretch , etc.
The WB is one of the easiest rests to tune . I think the guy was trying to sell you a new rest . ;\)

Here is a copy and paste from the WB website :
Tips and Tricks
I keep getting a high tear when I paper tune my bow. How can I fix it?
If your bow is set up with even tiller, and the arrow rest is positioned so the arrow passes by the anchor bolt hole, and you are getting a high tear of 1/4 inch or less, then this is a satisfactory setup with the Whisker Biscuit and will result in good groups. There are however several things to check when you encounter a high paper tear. They are:

Biscuit gripping the arrow too tightly If the wrong size biscuit is being used for your arrow, or if the biscuit is not adjusted correctly and is fitting too tightly around the arrow shaft, a high paper tear is likely. To correct this problem verify you are using the correct size biscuit for your arrow. Then if necessary, adjust the biscuit by spreading it open at the split until the arrow passes freely through the biscuit. A loose fitting biscuit is optimal.

String Nock Point too Low The string nock point should be adjusted so that the arrow lays flat across the riser and passes in front of the anchor bolt hole. It is better to have a slightly high nock point (1/8 to 1/4 inch), than a slightly low nock point. A low nock point can produce a high paper tear.

Incorrect Spine 2 cam and 1 cam bows seem to differ as to how they respond to spine. Here is what you will typically see:
Two Cam Bow A high spine weight will cause a high tear. In general you won't see a low tear.
Single Cam Bow A high spine weight will cause a low tear. A low spine weight will cause a high tear.
Disclaimer There are many different cam designs, each with its own personality. If you find that the above observations don't pan out, try the opposite. If you are getting a vertical tear you can't get rid of by adjusting the rest or nocking point, it is a good bet that the arrow spine is the issue.

Biscuit too far to right or left Occasionally a vertical tear can be corrected by moving the biscuit to the right or left a slight amount. If you notice that your vertical tear leans to the side, try a slight horizontal adjustment.

#911991 - 09/12/08 01:16 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Radar]
broken tine
Spike

well he does a great job at tuning my girlfriend's bow, it too has a w/b and it's dead on
#911997 - 09/12/08 01:19 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
broken tine
Spike

also thought about him just trying to sell me a new rest
#912000 - 09/12/08 01:19 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
LCU
10 Point

Loc: Maury Co

HAs anyone ever heard of a w/b not tuning on certain bows? I shoot an older PSE and my pro-shop called me yesterday saying they couldn't get my biscuit to tune, so now I'm faced with buying a new rest!! Input please

I use a QAD Pro on my bow. Never have any problems with it.
IMO, It's perfect.
Glock

It's all about the hunt.
Taking game is just a bonus.

It's the Indian,and not the Arrow.

#912184 - 09/12/08 03:05 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: LCU]
Buckblaster
10 Point

Loc: bradley county,TN/Lancaster,SC

Originally Posted By: LCU

IMO, It's perfect.

Mine woudlnt fall.

I say get a ripcord

Turn your caps lock of goober, we can hear you.

#912226 - 09/12/08 03:39 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: f1maxis]
bobthebowhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxvegas

Originally Posted By: f1maxis

He can't paper-tune if for you, that's something you have to do yourself. Each person applies torque to the bow in different ways, therefore you need to be the one shooting the bow when it's being tuned.

ditto

It'd be like someone adjusting a bicycle for the way they ride and then giving to you to ride. It's gonna be different

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#912299 - 09/12/08 04:18 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: bobthebowhunter]
Hillbilly Hunter
Killbilly
16 Point

Loc: Branchville

I have shot a WB for at least 5 years and I have never had one single problem. Maybe I am lucky?????

#912385 - 09/12/08 05:24 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Hillbilly Hunter]
Game Eye
14 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Like others have said, you need to be shooting the bow while tuning. I shoot the biscuit and love it.
#913067 - 09/13/08 08:35 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Buckblaster]
Radar
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Buckblaster
 Originally Posted By: LCU

IMO, It's perfect.

Mine woudlnt fall.

I say get a ripcord

My QAD Ultra Hunter rest wouldn't fall either . When I shot , the fletching tore off the launcher, bouncng it off the back of the riser and near my eye . I sent it back to Cabelas for a refund . I would not recommend that rest to anyone .

#913379 - 09/13/08 02:14 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Radar]
Food Plot 101
8 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,TN USA

I haven't had any problems with the WB.
#913422 - 09/13/08 03:28 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Food Plot 101]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

WB's rule.

#913588 - 09/13/08 06:24 PM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
squattin dogg
10 Point

Loc: Gallatin,TN USA / Deer Camp

As an Archery / bow ed instructior you sould be there with your bow during everything . It is your bow to be intimate " with it and know it's in and out's . I have just switched to the WB this year and have had no complaints. Take it under your own control and test it in feild to be proven wrong. !!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!

B&L Outdoors......Go big or go home!!!

#914241 - 09/14/08 08:45 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Hillbilly Hunter]
ChadG
14 Point

Loc: Gallatin,TN USA

Originally Posted By: Hillbilly Hunter
I have shot a WB for at least 5 years and I have never had one single problem. Maybe I am lucky?????

I guess I'm lucky too!

#915438 - 09/15/08 05:08 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: broken tine]
Layne
4 Point

Loc: Eads TN

I've shot a WB for several years with no problem but it did bother me having the fletching going through the whiskers. I'm now shooting a Ripcord and I love it.
#917671 - 09/16/08 12:22 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Layne]
Timber Ghost
8 Point

Loc: Tn. Blount( Seymour)

I have tried many diff. rests over the yrs. I will probably never use anything but the WB from now on. It has been great for me.

#917935 - 09/16/08 08:43 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: Timber Ghost]
Radar
Non-Typical

I have tried several drop aways , and had a Trophy Taker on my PSE . I took it off because it was making a metallic click when I let down , even after I tried to silence it with moleskin , and foam rubber .
I put a WB on it and shoot just as good , without the noise .

#923763 - 09/19/08 07:17 AM Re: yet another whisker biscuit problem [Re: ]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

Originally Posted By: Seminole39
yet another reason why biscuits are junk

Sure they are. ;\)

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (edtcase, scn, Rob R., ZachMarkus, HuntNShoot, DaveB, 11 invisible) and 114 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89377 Topics
1045372 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.25 seconds in which 0.027 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.