Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#906322 - 09/09/08 11:27 AM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Jubal]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Ditto on the DIY .Thats what I do too .
Good bow techs are hard to find around here . It's amazing how much work you can do with a little Bowmaster portable press .

Originally Posted By: Jubal
I only go to one shop as well.... it is out out in my garage. I don't trust any of the bow "technicians" around. Most of them, around here anyway, have the "I'm better than you" attitude and frankly, are not worth dealing with.

If you learn how to work on your own bow you won't have to depend on any technician that may, or may not, know what he is doing.

No matter what bow you have, none of it is rocket science. Buy a $30 Bowmaster press (which will press any bow) and spend a little time on the internet forums and I am sure, if you have even a little sense, you can fix just about any problem.

#906597 - 09/09/08 03:25 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: LCU]
nock
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Leoma, TN.

Lawson's in Loretto sells PSE also.
Carbon Force BowMadness arrows
Trophy Ridge Meat Seeker broadheads

#906636 - 09/09/08 04:01 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Jubal]
TheAirMan
16 Point

Loc: Moss, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Jubal
No matter what bow you have, none of it is rocket science. Buy a $30 Bowmaster press (which will press any bow) and spend a little time on the internet forums and I am sure, if you have even a little sense, you can fix just about any problem.

I am proof of that.

#906665 - 09/09/08 04:24 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: TheAirMan]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

If I had a little shed at my house I would love to buy some archery equipment and do my own work. I just don't have the space for anything like that right now. I'd like to have my own press, cutting saw, and a half dozen Bitz jigs.

The X-Force bows will only work in the following presses:

Bow Presses that have been tested and approved by PSE to perform full service on X-Technology bow:.

1. EZ Press by Last Chance Archery
2. HTM Presses
3. E.L.P. Bowpress by L.A. Archery
4. C.W. Erickson's Big Squeeze Press with Limb Fork Attachment

That's the big problem right now...locating the right modules and if I ever need to take the bow down, treking down a press.

I went to Grants today and the guy there was busy. I waited a bit and he worked on my bow for me. He had agreed on everything I said about the bow needing a #7 module for 28" draw...heck it even says on the spec sheet on the PSE Tuning website which module it needs. I figured that's what he put on there but for some idiotic reason I never looked until I was already back home. And now I have a set of #8 modules on the bow...which once again puts me back at 29" and no shootable bow.

I got the X-Force for $560 brand new and thought I was getting a deal. I couldn't afford one of those $800 DXTs. Now after making two 120 mile round trip trips for modules and STILL not being right...I think I should have just got a DXT from EWA. Let John set it up right the first time, and been done with it. I'll not do this crap again.

#906800 - 09/09/08 05:50 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Crow Terminator]
Game Eye
14 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I do all my own work. \:\)
#908048 - 09/10/08 02:59 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Game Eye]
Grim Reaper
8 Point

Loc: SW TN

CT: I can feel your pain!!! In 2004 I bought the brand new PSE Firestrom-lite and had almost the same prob that you are having w/o the limb issue...I live next to two major dealers of PSE and they couldn't figure it out...Ended up the bow was a 29" and after fifty people measuring me and telling me that I was from 27.5" to 29"... decided to do a little research to find out a persons true measurement...Low and be hold I am a 30" go figure ...this was the second bow that I had purchased since I was a kid...So I asked everyone from the two big stores to PSE if I could not get a module from them and I was told no!!!...So I gave the bow away, told PSE that I would never do business with them, visited my local Mathews dealer and problem solved...Hope everything works out!!

#908832 - 09/10/08 09:53 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Crow Terminator]
pjridge
8 Point

Loc: PC

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
If I had a little shed at my house I would love to buy some archery equipment and do my own work. I just don't have the space for anything like that right now. I'd like to have my own press, cutting saw, and a half dozen Bitz jigs.

The X-Force bows will only work in the following presses:

Bow Presses that have been tested and approved by PSE to perform full service on X-Technology bow:.

1. EZ Press by Last Chance Archery
2. HTM Presses
3. E.L.P. Bowpress by L.A. Archery
4. C.W. Erickson's Big Squeeze Press with Limb Fork Attachment

That's the big problem right now...locating the right modules and if I ever need to take the bow down, treking down a press.

I went to Grants today and the guy there was busy. I waited a bit and he worked on my bow for me. He had agreed on everything I said about the bow needing a #7 module for 28" draw...heck it even says on the spec sheet on the PSE Tuning website which module it needs. I figured that's what he put on there but for some idiotic reason I never looked until I was already back home. And now I have a set of #8 modules on the bow...which once again puts me back at 29" and no shootable bow.

I got the X-Force for $560 brand new and thought I was getting a deal. I couldn't afford one of those $800 DXTs. Now after making two 120 mile round trip trips for modules and STILL not being right...I think I should have just got a DXT from EWA. Let John set it up right the first time, and been done with it. I'll not do this crap again.

Yes you do need the #7 mod and the draw stop in the #7 grove for a 28" draw on the XF DS. If not you can possibly over rotate the cam or under rotate leaving you zero valley. The dream season has a 1" longer brace height than the XF6. There is a press sold by a guy on archerytalk that works very good with the XF. It's called the Omini Press. About 165 shipped. I'm building one similar right now for personal use. You will love the bow when it's set up correctly.

#912321 - 09/12/08 04:30 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: pjridge]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I hopped to A-T and looked up the press. Looks good! If only I had a good little shed or shop to put one in, that's what I'd have.

Gonna set out tomorrow with these nearly $5 a gallon gas prices to get this bow set up right. I'm carrying a print out of the PSE Tech sheet this time showing that #7 module as being needed for 28" draw.

#912377 - 09/12/08 05:20 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Crow Terminator]
Game Eye
14 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Geez Crow, where did you buy the bow? And did they not set it up and let you shoot it before buying?
#912420 - 09/12/08 05:54 PM Re: Bow Driving me Crazy [Re: Game Eye]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Crow....I hate that for ya.Noone should have to lose their mind trying to get a bow set up.Maybe the third time will be a charm.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
34 registered (Lady's man, Hunter 257W, Dienamic, 49ford, JayMc, Rockhound, 5 invisible) and 136 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93200 Topics
1089420 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.108 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.