Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#891000 - 08/30/08 02:35 PM The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next?
stillinscrubs
4 Point

Loc: nashville, tn

Took three guys who I had been discussing fishing with for some time out fly fishing this morning. The two main guys were avid bait fisherman, but had never picked up the fly rod.

We locked and loaded (forgot our collective CC picture) and headed off early for our morning assault of the river....

After a long walk we arrived below the picturesque highway over passes, the lulling drone of highway traffic almost caused me to fall into a deep slumber, but there were fly fishing noobs that needed to catch fish. We started out with each guy throwing a different pattern, pale scuds, dark scuds, and zebra midges. The zebra midge struck first.....

See the bait fisherman's net, change is slow grasshopper....nice.

Main lesson of the day.....drag free drift....

Fish on...

Ok so no monsters....

Dam related fog....

As it lifted the fishing improved greatly....

His biggest trout.....yet.....Nice to hear....these guys are ruined when we get some better fishing conditions.....

Some rainbow action.....

Everybody caught fish...whew....we got brookies, browns and rainbows, one new guy got all three, one just browns and rainbows....the other more experienced guy got a few more than the other two and broke off one nice rainbow.....

Saw lots of guys on the river,it is a holiday weekend, and spoke with one nice fellow.....hope to see you on the river again.

I think and hope these guys will go again....maybe write a letter to the TWRA for a slot limit.

It is rather disappointing for me to fish this section of river....2 years ago it held fish that were mostly in the 14-18 inch range. Alas those days for the river may be gone unless something is done.

Scrubs

#891056 - 08/30/08 04:17 PM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: stillinscrubs]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Nice pics. and story. Them duck hunters picked it up nicely. Way too hot to wear waders IMO. Your buddies' faces are freaking me out a little. Reminds me of..

Dr. Saxton Pope

#891501 - 08/30/08 09:58 PM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: ]
trealtree
16 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Why blur some of the faces and not blur other pics of them when you can see their faces clearly. Nice fish though

#891607 - 08/30/08 11:24 PM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: trealtree]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

happy Online
swirrl faced pics are ridiculous, why even post them?
#891677 - 08/31/08 05:31 AM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: bigluresonly]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Now see, Tubs would have wet waded out to his personals and not been afraid to show his face.

Don't think just because you post a few poorly composed pictures you stole from Gil you can get back in our good graces.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#891678 - 08/31/08 05:35 AM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: gil1]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: gil1
Nice pics. and story. Them duck hunters picked it up nicely. Way too hot to wear waders IMO. Your buddies' faces are freaking me out a little. Reminds me of..

I'd really be interested know how many on here know that painting and the artist. In fact, I'd be interested to know how the he11 Gil came up with it. \:\)

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#891782 - 08/31/08 07:49 AM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: bowriter]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

ive seen that painting before,dont remember the details though,my memory stinks anymore coarse it aint never been real good to start with \:\) ,dont care for the monster look either,i would have cut the head off of them critters instead \:\) mike243

#891838 - 08/31/08 08:38 AM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: mike243]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

It's an artist rendition of a spin fisherman's reaction when he first catches a fish on a flyrod with his own fly, realizing all the wasted years with spinning rods!!! LOL!

#892040 - 08/31/08 10:12 AM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is n [Re: ]
bcunnin1
6 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro/Knoxville

Edvard Munch "The Scream". To be honest I knew the name but thought Van Gough Did it not this Edvard Munch character. Got to love trivia shows.
#892411 - 08/31/08 04:31 PM Re: The flyfishing indoctrination begins..who is next? [Re: gil1]
stillinscrubs
4 Point

Loc: nashville, tn

Originally Posted By: gil1

Buckup, the faces if you notice are only when the guys are holding fish....not to worry...

I do have a nice underwater camera that shoots video also on order. I'm also getting a wet suit in prep for some free dive spear fishing I will be doing in California/Baja....gonna start underwater filming of the deeper holes and deadfalls in the lower river. I'll post up the results. The water clarity from the dam will be the biggest issue...need it to improve a bit.

Your underwater brook trout shots inspired me.....

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter, TannersDad, Bowkiller13
13380 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (whitt, Mickey_mvp, SluggoB12, botta, DEER REPELLANT, tn droptine, 7 invisible) and 102 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13380 Members
42 Forums
95606 Topics
1118885 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.059 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.