Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#879286 - 08/21/08 09:38 AM Re: For the guides [Re: Headhunter]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Wow Biglures...haha...congrats. Way to flush them out...I didn't know some of these folks were "Guides"...that explains alot...

Btw, there's a great book by a musky guide named Al Nutty who made his name and living almost simultaneously with the reputation of Kinkaid Lake as a musky guide. This poor guy had an accidnet in the printing press that nearly incapacitated him for life, but though he won't say it for being so humble, he overcame it, and now successfully guides clients over 330 days a year for oneof the most violent and physically trying species in freshwater and still manages to keep a safe and sane boat with 2 clients at a time in a 16 foot v hull Lund. Want to hear about stories? Check out his book....it's called "Tales from the Guide Boat" and I believe it can be found on Amazon. Great stuff, and a quick little read. Everything from horror stories, to one's-that-got-away...to how Al deals with unruly, inebriated clients...drops them off on this great big rock sitting in the middle of a cove and leaves them there for 3 hours!

#879290 - 08/21/08 09:41 AM Re: For the guides [Re: Tubakka]
Tubakka
6 Point

In my opinion, btw, the only way you can consider yourself a "guide" is if that is your primary or ONLY means of providing for yourself and your family. Meaning, you're on the water as many days as Joe Blow spends in the office, because your office IS the water. And you are well able and adept to accomodate a number of conditions and tactics, not specific to one style of angling simply for its own sake. Be willing to do anything and everything to catch them fish, and live eat and breath it. You may take people out fishing and they pay you, and I'm not saying that some people AREN'T real guides on the board, but...
#879301 - 08/21/08 09:46 AM Re: For the guides [Re: Tubakka]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Okay. I'm not a guide anymore. Now I have a real job. I handle all the P.R. for a Nutty guy. He stole all his expertise from Buck but we don't mention that. Besides, he only guides for trash fish.

The Caney Fork "A" hole, which I thought was a sinkhole by the dam, is back.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#879358 - 08/21/08 10:07 AM Re: For the guides [Re: bowriter]
Tubakka
6 Point

Bowriter...

...I wouldn't talk smack about Al. He is a real angler...most people in his position wouldn't be able to get out of bed, and yet...he's doing something most well-fed grown men would have trouble doing physically, let alone with the expertise. He's a good guy, and has agreat book. IF you want to make me a jerk outof that, be my guest...

#879369 - 08/21/08 10:13 AM Re: For the guides [Re: Tubakka]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Yep. He is a great guy, a real household word up there. He dang sure went through some bad times and came out smelling like a Bartlet Pear.

Now what was his name again? And just what is it he does that is important to those of us down here? And while we are at it, Just exactly what is it you have contributed to this thread? Why is it so hard for you to understand none of us give a tinker's dam about Buck or Al?
]
Man! What is your problem????

#879379 - 08/21/08 10:18 AM Re: For the guides [Re: bowriter]
Tubakka
6 Point

Dude...a guide is a guide. He overcame extreme adversity to do it as well...anyone from any walk of life could learn something from him. And he's a REAL guide and makes it work, doing seminars and presentations and writing for national publications. Bowriter, I respect your venerable status on this board, and I love to hear your old stories, but you're an absolute fool to talk about either Buck or Al. Al is no where near the angler Buck Perry was, but still...he's a very respectable human being and a great angler nevertheless. You don't like me? That's fine...but get over it enough to not go off the hook everytime I say anything. That's juvenile. And not giving a "tinker's dam" about Buck Perry is like being jazz pianist and not knowing who Dave Brubeck is...except in his case, let's pretend Brubeck discovered the harmonic series, and invented the piano.
#879403 - 08/21/08 10:40 AM Re: For the guides [Re: Tubakka]
bowriter
Non-Typical

ROTFLMAO

Kid, do you not realize you have become the laughing stock of this forum? You reinforce your status with each post.

Now we all duely respect both Buck and Al. But get serious. Do you really think anyone gives a crap about what they have done or what anyone has done?

I don't dislike you. I don't even know you. I just regard you as does most everyone on this forum. You're a joke, a kid with a complex of some sort. Do some growing up and lose the attitude.

#879581 - 08/21/08 12:37 PM Re: For the guides [Re: Tubakka]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Originally Posted By: Tubakka
Wow Biglures...haha...congrats. Way to flush them out...I didn't know some of these folks were "Guides"...that explains alot...

What was it a game? I have never hidden my guide business and I dont think anyone posted on thread that I didnt already know about.

#879584 - 08/21/08 12:39 PM Re: For the guides [Re: Fordman]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

I am not getting into a pissin contest over pictures, I just dont feel any need to post a picture on the web to prove I am any good.
Besides once a picture is "posted" its also "published" there fore I would rather save them for a "publisher" who may want to buy them.

#879704 - 08/21/08 02:03 PM Re: For the guides [Re: Fordman]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Rule of thumb for some of...don't post the ones that will make you money.

Pat from Bowsite just won a deal against Youtube and I made them back down on a deal a few weeks ago. It may be getting better but once that sucker becomes public, to the way of thinking of some, it is public property.

You've learned well, Troy.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
KevinTN, gthorne, bwoodard12, front hillside, DeerBomber
13540 Registered Users
Who's Online
189 registered (bowhunterfanatic, stik, TNDeerGuy, Model 1, TNGal, Forcetowork, 17 invisible) and 274 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13540 Members
42 Forums
99240 Topics
1167222 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.058 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.