Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#854005 - 08/05/08 11:11 AM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: Mathews Hunter]
POSSUM HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: Over yonder

WTS - I LOOKED AT THOSE UNDERTAKERS AS WELL BUTT I DONT KNOW THIS AND YOU MAY BE ABLE TO TELL ME HERE GOES

AFTER THE HEAD HITS AND THEN OPENS DOES IT STAYOPEN WHEN THE PRESSURE IS PUTT ON THE BLADES INSTEAD OF THE TIP, HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING TO SAY THAT THEY DO OR DONT I JUST SEEN THEM IN EWA AND THOUGHT ABOUT THAT

WHIT ROCKET I HAVE USED THE ULTIMATE STEEL 75, WOLVERINE 57 AND THE STEELHEADS MECHANICAL HEADS, THEY ALL DID EXACTLY WHAT THEY CLAIMED AND THAT WAS TO PENITRATE BUTT THE ONE THING I DIDNT LIKKE WAS THAT I HIT 2 DIFFERENT DEER IN THE OPPISTE SHOLDER AND THE TIP ON THE FERRUL BENT

AS FOR ME AND THIS YEAR I AM GOING TO RAGE 2BLADESI HAVE SEEN MANY SHOWS, READ ARTICLES, AND SEEN THEM HERE IN FORUMS AS WELL AS ON ARCHERYTALK EVERYONE LOVES THEM THE ONLY COMLAINT THAT I HAVE SEEN WAS ON THE 3 BLADES

Theoretical Flash Mob founding member

Daytime crew part time member

#854170 - 08/05/08 12:13 PM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: POSSUM HUNTER]
WhitetailSlayer
12 Point

Loc: Southaven, MS

Originally Posted By: POSSUM HUNTER
WTS - I LOOKED AT THOSE UNDERTAKERS AS WELL BUTT I DONT KNOW THIS AND YOU MAY BE ABLE TO TELL ME HERE GOES

AFTER THE HEAD HITS AND THEN OPENS DOES IT STAYOPEN WHEN THE PRESSURE IS PUTT ON THE BLADES INSTEAD OF THE TIP, HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING TO SAY THAT THEY DO OR DONT I JUST SEEN THEM IN EWA AND THOUGHT ABOUT THAT

WHIT ROCKET I HAVE USED THE ULTIMATE STEEL 75, WOLVERINE 57 AND THE STEELHEADS MECHANICAL HEADS, THEY ALL DID EXACTLY WHAT THEY CLAIMED AND THAT WAS TO PENITRATE BUTT THE ONE THING I DIDNT LIKKE WAS THAT I HIT 2 DIFFERENT DEER IN THE OPPISTE SHOLDER AND THE TIP ON THE FERRUL BENT

AS FOR ME AND THIS YEAR I AM GOING TO RAGE 2BLADESI HAVE SEEN MANY SHOWS, READ ARTICLES, AND SEEN THEM HERE IN FORUMS AS WELL AS ON ARCHERYTALK EVERYONE LOVES THEM THE ONLY COMLAINT THAT I HAVE SEEN WAS ON THE 3 BLADES

It sounds like they stay open until ALL pressure is off the head (piston). If it works like they say it does, I would think it could be the best mechanical broadhead ever. no way to open in flight, no way not to open on contact, and no way to close until exiting

FREE STOVEPIPE

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#854378 - 08/05/08 01:58 PM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: WhitetailSlayer]
POSSUM HUNTER
16 Point

I THINK THAT SOME ONE ELSE IS MAKING A HEAD LIKE THIS BUTT CANT RTEMEBER WHO I WILL LOOK WHEN I GET HOME AND SEE IF I CAN FIND OUT THE SPECS.

#854413 - 08/05/08 02:14 PM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: POSSUM HUNTER]
WhitetailSlayer
12 Point

Loc: Southaven, MS

I THINK THAT SOME ONE ELSE IS MAKING A HEAD LIKE THIS BUTT CANT RTEMEBER WHO I WILL LOOK WHEN I GET HOME AND SEE IF I CAN FIND OUT THE SPECS.

After seeing your post, talking to spoon, and checking out the website, I think I am going to go with the Rage 2-blade. I told spoon I can then blame him if I miss the shot on a 150 class!

FREE STOVEPIPE

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#854438 - 08/05/08 02:30 PM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: WhitetailSlayer]
kmac29
10 Point

Loc: Cookeville

try Rage 2 blade you will love them. i used them last year and will this year as well. they cause some massive damage...
#859178 - 08/08/08 08:36 AM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: WhitetailSlayer]
POSSUM HUNTER
16 Point

Originally Posted By: WhitetailSlayer

After seeing your post, talking to spoon, and checking out the website, I think I am going to go with the Rage 2-blade. I told spoon I can then blame him if I miss the shot on a 150 class!

THE OTHER HEAD IS A TRUE FIRE HEAD SAW THE COMMERCIAL LAST NIGHT
I AM GOING WITH RAGE PROLLY BUY THEM THEIS WEEKEND

#910240 - 09/11/08 03:40 PM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: POSSUM HUNTER]
String Music
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

I have heard good things about the rage also. However, I have seen several shows and the arrow didnt blow through the deer. I have been torn between the undertaker and rage. I'm going elk hunting and it seems like the undertaker would fly better out to 50 yards. Anybody used either of these on elk?
"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jer. 29:11

Hunting Photography:

facebook.com/AMOutdoorPhotography

www.amcunninghamoutdoors.com

#910861 - 09/11/08 09:09 PM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: String Music]
eastTN270
6 Point

Loc: Morristown

I bought two packs of the undertakers a few weeks ago because i shot a couple at a buddy's house before that. I had shot muzzy's but could not get them to group, so i shot a few slick tricks but had the same problem. One would shoot left, then right, then low. I know everyone will say my bow is out of tune, but i took it to an archery shop and they paper tuned it and it shot perfect. The check arrow gpi and it was right, arrow weight and it was on. Draw weight was good, arrow speed was good for fixed blades and still they would not fly. I shot the undertakers and they flew right where I aimed. That was enough for me.

Vegetables are NOT food, vegetables are what FOOD eats.

#911295 - 09/12/08 07:07 AM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: eastTN270]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Originally Posted By: eastTN270
I bought two packs of the undertakers a few weeks ago because i shot a couple at a buddy's house before that. I had shot muzzy's but could not get them to group, so i shot a few slick tricks but had the same problem. One would shoot left, then right, then low. I know everyone will say my bow is out of tune, but i took it to an archery shop and they paper tuned it and it shot perfect. The check arrow gpi and it was right, arrow weight and it was on. Draw weight was good, arrow speed was good for fixed blades and still they would not fly. I shot the undertakers and they flew right where I aimed. That was enough for me.

Before putting on any fixed blade , and assuming your bow is tuned , you need to spin test each arrow with broadheads attached . Getting fliers usually means there is some wobble with the broadheads .
Next try group tuning with field points and broadheads to see where they are hitting in relationship to the field points . Paper tuning is good for initial setup , but fine tuning by walk back or broadhead group tuning should be done afterwards .

#911369 - 09/12/08 07:55 AM Re: Has anyone shot the new Trophy Ridge......... [Re: Mathews Hunter]
nock
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Leoma, TN.

I just got my undertakers, I haven't shot them yet but they look like they would do some serious damage to a deer.
Carbon Force BowMadness arrows
Trophy Ridge Meat Seeker broadheads

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
60 registered (Pic IN the Casa, Hardwoodmaterials, Mike Belt, MUP, dr, tyson007, 4 invisible) and 131 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85221 Topics
1029909 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.251 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.