Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#839743 - 07/27/08 07:12 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: stillinscrubs]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Bowriter I see what you are saying and really have no problem with limiting the number of guides on the river and the number of canoes each year.

The huge difference is that clients of fishing guides do buy licenses which do fund TWRA. Canoers do not have to have fishing licenses, and therefore contribute nothing to TWRA.

A better solution is to make all canoers purchase a fishing license and trout stamp. Therefore we all would be contributing the same amount to the resource.

The caney looks to be fishing great this year, and if ever there was a time to enact a slot limit now would be the time, when there are plenty of fish in that range. The same thing happened years ago on the Clinch, lots of nice fish but no special regs. Word got out and the crowds came, and the quality fishing left.

Push for regs now, and protect the fishery while it is still good, before it gets beaten up. Just speaking from experience and what I and others witnessed here.

#839751 - 07/27/08 07:20 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Capt. I never said limit the guides. What I am saying is simply this: If you derive a monetary benefit from the river, i.e. through guiding or water craft rental, you should have a license or pay some sort of fee. But through that process, the number of watercraft rentals could be controlled. The guides would in no be affected. They just have to buy an annual license to operate on that water.

There would be no restriction on the number of guides. But when a float craft operator gets licensed, he would be allocated X number of craft. Naturally, the license fee would not be the same.

See, look at it this way. I have to register my little float boat. It takes up no more water than a canoe and goes no faster. So why shouldn't a canoe be registered?

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#841106 - 07/28/08 06:33 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bowriter]
bob
4 Point

Loc: tn

What’s all the hub bub about anyway. If the USCOE doesn’t kill the Caney in the next few years all the loose lips and waaay over inflated egos around here are going to ruin the river in a short time anyway. I remember when most of youns were big Bass fishermen. Now you proclaim you’ve been fishing the Caney for thirty years and are the Caney Fork king... Funny I never saw you all on the river two three or even five years ago,,,the river was quiet… Get over yourselves and shut up about the river. That’s what will be good for the river right there.

Johnny come latelys...

#841125 - 07/28/08 06:52 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bob]
captain hook
10 Point

Originally Posted By: bob
What’s all the hub bub about anyway. If the USCOE doesn’t kill the Caney in the next few years all the loose lips and waaay over inflated egos around here are going to ruin the river in a short time anyway. I remember when most of youns were big Bass fishermen. Now you proclaim you’ve been fishing the Caney for thirty years and are the Caney Fork king... Funny I never saw you all on the river two three or even five years ago,,,the river was quiet… Get over yourselves and shut up about the river. That’s what will be good for the river right there.

Johnny come latelys...

Wow.

Probably should stay out of this, but what the heck. First the USCOE is not going to kill the river. Big brother conspiracy crap is just that, crap. It isn't even a possibility unless a catastrophic failure occurs at the dam.

Loose lips?? Over-inlfated egos??? I have seen neither, especially the latter. I think you have shat and stepped back in it, but I will let others be the judge of that one.

I was never, and will never be a bass fisherman, other then river smallmouth. I also do not ever remember anything but Bowriter talking about fishing the Caney, and the same goes for gil1, other then is love affair with the carp.

It is a big river, just like my home waters on the Clinch, there are plenty of folks I have never seen on the river which I know fish it all the time. You speak of egos and getting over oneself yet you turn into the proverbial pot-kettle cliche.

Same old crap different day, from the minority of bait chunkers who think that everyone other then them is an elitist snob. I would be surprised but having dealt with folks like yourself in this part of the state it is to be expected.

Please refrain from using words such as; "youins", or at least explain to us what it means as if our words make us appear like we have inflated egos, that makes you look......well nevermind.

#841133 - 07/28/08 07:03 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

LMAO- Hey Bob, I've never seen you on the Caney. You must have your rivers confused. Perhaps you were on Hickman Creek and just thought it was the Caney. \:\)

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#841139 - 07/28/08 07:05 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
bob
4 Point

Really? Have you fished the Cumberland below Traces? Burkesville? How about McMillian's Landing? All used to be great Trout water. Now,,, pond water. Give em a few more years and they’ll get the rest of that once great river. The CH dam is under the same type construction as we type.

BTW with levels where they are now something as simple as a flood or drought could kill either river. Only so much cold water to go around.

You sure took offense to the getting over ones self part of my post…

#841168 - 07/28/08 07:23 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bob]
captain hook
10 Point

Originally Posted By: bob
Really? Have you fished the Cumberland below Traces? Burkesville? How about McMillian's Landing? All used to be great Trout water. Now,,, pond water. Give em a few more years and they’ll get the rest of that once great river. The CH dam is under the same type construction as we type.

BTW with levels where they are now something as simple as a flood or drought could kill either river. Only so much cold water to go around.

You sure took offense to the getting over ones self part of my post…

Spent more time on the Cumberland then most. And the USCOE has nothing to do with the Cumberlands problems. Mother nature would be the one to blame for that, and seeing how Traces is about 40 miles downstream of the Dam and given the situation it is lucky that it has sustained itself. That is bad luck, and nothing anyone can do about it. The KYDNR and USCOE has been extremely proactive in doing everything they can to keep the fishery alive now for two years. You can't place blame on shifts in the earth on the Corp. It is like blaming Bush for Hurricanes.

Far from pond water, BTW. Probably the best year the cumberland has had in terms of quality fish I have seen.

The Caney is much shorter and there is nothing to worry about, if anything the water could warm a few degrees.

I always take offense to certain things and always will. I loathe the I was here first, where were you attitude. And mentalities which revolve around the idea "that it is fine now and even though it could be better, I refuse to change." Also the term "youins", is a pretty good indication of things to come in posts to follow.

#841219 - 07/28/08 07:54 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
bob
4 Point

“Spent more time on the Cumberland then most”
Well,, I didn’t see that coming…

What??? Mother nature sat back for over THIRTY YEARS and let the dam get in such bad condition that it was in danger of collapse? I guess mother nature botched an attempt to stop seepage in 1969, 1970, and 1975? Mother nature didn’t kill the lower river, USCOE did and they came really close to getting it all. The problem has nothing to do with the earth moving. It’s about seepage from the karst foundation they built both dams on… It’s lack of better management and maintenance. But mostly, like everything else today, it’s about MONEY.

#841237 - 07/28/08 08:03 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bob]
captain hook
10 Point

I see how this is going. You are one of those that always has to pin the blame on someone. Rather then just accept the fact that sometimes stuff happens.

I think I saw you after Hurricane Katrina, wading around in waste deep water blaming the gov't for all of your problems.

#841281 - 07/28/08 08:28 AM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
bob
4 Point

Well lets see, so far you’ve corrected my spelling of a word that doesn’t exist and demeaned me for using it. You’ve also called me a bait chunker? And now you’re suggesting I’m one of the poor waaay lower income folks who got washed out of their homes by a REAL and somewhat sudden Mother Nature event that BTW was caused by levees breaking. And ahhh,,,, guess who built and maintained those levees???

You really do seem like a nice feller though.

I've derailed this thread my job is done here.

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
76 registered (Twinshooter, dt-34715, leader, utfan1, caretaker, FastXD, 7 invisible) and 125 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85245 Topics
1030293 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.237 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.