Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#839011 - 07/26/08 02:12 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bowriter]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

I agree.

And I must admit that I had to look up the word "pescado"...

Makes me wonder whether you have a stream of consciousness like that. It's hard for us mere mortals to follow.

#839024 - 07/26/08 02:36 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: Crosshairy]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

It is the stream of unconciousness. Comes from being a coma for eight days. \:\)

But here is something that almost nobody on ths or any forum ever considers:

No matter how good a regulation may be, at some point, it must be enforceable. Somewhere along the line, somebody has to be able to say, "Here's your ticket."

In terms of enforcement, the CF is a mindboggler. Sure the access and gravel bars can be checked, should be checked. But the task of actually "handling" that river is a sumtich.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#839099 - 07/26/08 04:49 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: scn]
timeless
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: here

Originally Posted By: scn
 Originally Posted By: tribeless
People work too dam much to enjoy fishing nowadays. Next time you're on the water and come up with a new idea or regulation that makes fishing better, go back to work. Put that energy to good use. Fishing's fine as it is.

I totally disagree with your statement. If a regulation can make fishing better, use your energy to put it in effect. The fishing we have today is a result of the tweaking of regulations over the years.

I think you missed my point. You totally disagree with my "statement". What a gas!

#839126 - 07/26/08 05:06 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: timeless]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

I got your point-just don't agree with it.

#839363 - 07/26/08 08:12 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: scn]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: scn
 Originally Posted By: tribeless
People work too dam much to enjoy fishing nowadays. Next time you're on the water and come up with a new idea or regulation that makes fishing better, go back to work. Put that energy to good use. Fishing's fine as it is.

I totally disagree with your statement. If a regulation can make fishing better, use your energy to put it in effect. The fishing we have today is a result of the tweaking of regulations over the years.

I agree with you SCN, I can not think of any single regulation change recently that isn't an effort to make the fishing better. Now several years ago when "a few" private acted the Quality Zone on the Caney and when "a few" got the same regs repealed on the Clinch might be an exception. However, nowadays with the biological approach that "few" hasn't got a prayer to over turn sound regulation changes.

I think you all are doing a very good job with our fisheries statewide, and hope things continue on the path they are on presently.

#839369 - 07/26/08 08:14 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bowriter]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: bowriter
But I'll tell you what I would support. I'd support some regulation of commercial operations on the CF. And yes, that includes guides.

I have to ask why? I have no beef with your view, just curious as to why you would like to see that sort of reg. Would you want such even on fly-fishing guides who are 100% C&R or just bait slinger guides who kill what their clients catch?

I do support charging canoe and pleasure boat outfitters as they do not contribute a nickel to TWRA or the river the majority of the time.

#839391 - 07/26/08 08:43 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
7mm08
10 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

I for one am going to the Clinch tomorrow AM and hope to whale on a few bigger than lately fish (due solely on the new regulations)! Thanks TWRA.

Now on another note. Does someone know the TWRA Poachers telephone # ?

Number two...since we have limited enforcement, can signs be purchased through TWRA by an individual and placed along access points stating new rule changes(offsetting TWRA costs, better spent on hiring more enforcement). Even if we deter 20%, that's only 60% of those still breaking the law.............Oh you thought this smart guy made a mistake? No, that's to account for 20% of the ignorant morons that can't read....either English or Spanish!

PS..I slung me some bait during crappie season. Am I off the list of elitest C&R snobs now?

PSS..If I catch saltwater trout on the fly, or redfish, and they are in the slot, they are going to die, filleted, and vacuumed sealed before nightfall. Anyone for blackened redfish with a crab bisque soup for an appetizer?

Edited by 7mm08 (07/26/08 08:46 PM)

#839398 - 07/26/08 08:54 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
onerarebreed
Spike

Loc: Tn

Men, if you don't mind me joining in i would like to expound.I am not trying to bash our Game wardens,they have a tough job, but i have been hunting and fishing for most of my 42 years.Our recources are just that to the government, A recource.I have not seen our deer heard improve the way it could, our fisheries are not what they used to be when my dad used to go with my grandpa and bring home a nice stringer of crappie or walleye.IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.It cant be up to the government or more regs whether it is fishing or hunting.You and I as responsible sportsmen have to take it upon ourselves and lead by example.
If people go fishing or hunting and they come back whith nothing the may get discouraged and not buy that license,that trout stamp,or that deer tag.That means no taxes on firearmas ,ammo,that gas to get there and many other things.See to the powers at be its all about the money.Lawmakers only care about the money.It is ultimatley up to the individuals.not the government and more regs.Sure i will agree some regs have to be in place.But you will never regulate morality or what is a successful hunting or fishing trip to different people.
Ok thanks for getting me fired up!!
Im sorry Guys.

#839461 - 07/26/08 09:39 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: captain hook]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

Originally Posted By: captain hook
Would you want such even on fly-fishing guides who are 100% C&R or just bait slinger guides who kill what their clients catch?

Man capthk...thats a BOLD STATEMENT...You are assuming this right!!!

#839521 - 07/26/08 10:08 PM Re: My Rant for Today... [Re: bowriter]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Good post, Bowriter. I feel the same way.

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
47 registered (worriedman, Mudbone, BlountArrow, pledbetter, Southpaw, MUP, 6 invisible) and 111 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85218 Topics
1029893 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.236 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.