Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456
Topic Options
#837509 - 07/25/08 10:28 AM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: ]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Quote:
What is the front runner weighing in at now?

For total weight, I think Gil's at 68-point-something and I'm at 66-point-something. So actually, I'm trailing by about two pounds and change.

The Carp Tournament is kind of "backward" from a typical bass tournament format because the top honors really go to big fish, with total weight getting the secondary prize. I don't think I'm going to catch Gil on big fish though, because most of the fish in my spots tend to be 10 lbs or less.

I think I've got a decent shot at total weight though, unless this rain keeps up and my creeks are all muddy tomorrow.

bd

Edited by Brian Dunigan (07/25/08 10:28 AM)

#837572 - 07/25/08 11:06 AM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Yeah, in all honesty, I think the neckid women should be awarded to the total weight winner. That's the true best fisherman, IMO. You could just weigh in one big fish and win the whole tournament, and that's not an accurate measure of a true carp stud.

Yeah, I was hoping I could hold you off on total weight with one more good trip, but this rain run-off may leave me completely SOL. Of course, it may leave you SOL too.

May the biggest redneck win. \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#837812 - 07/25/08 01:55 PM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

When all this competition is over, I'd love to go carp fishing with you some time and see how you're getting those big Cumberland fish to eat with any consistency. All I get from them is refusals.

Of course, I'm missing the trout a bit, so I might be in withdrawals by August.

bd

#837820 - 07/25/08 02:01 PM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

I got sick of carp and went atroutin' on the Caney on Saturday. With the boat traffic, I should have stayed home. I got sick of carp yesterday and pulled out the spinning rod.

I get refusals on about 19 of every perfect opportunities/casts. There are just a lot more fish. No trick to it that I know of, but I'll gladly take you.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#840907 - 07/27/08 09:29 PM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: gil1]
gil1
12 Point

Get to work Dunigan. Only a few days left.
Lost a bigger one than this. Totally blew it.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#841779 - 07/28/08 01:23 PM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

I'm done. I know when I'm beat. I fished hard this weekend and only added one carp to my totals, and he's about a 21 incher. I saw a ton of fish, but for some reason they were all in "suspended animation" - hundreds of big, sleeping carp everywhere, and not a single fish with a tail up or even cruising. If I'd been bow fishing, it would have been a slaughter, because I could practically walk up and smack them with my rod before they'd move.

The smallmouth fishing was awesome, and in between casts to non-feeding carp, I had the two best fly fishing days for smallmouth I've ever had. They don't count though. I also caught a 42 inch gar, which is my biggest to date on a flyrod, but no count there either.

You beat me fair and square.

bd

#841798 - 07/28/08 01:38 PM Re: Annual Carp on the Fly Tournament [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

A buddy of mine calls those lounging carp "pot smokers" cause they just sit there. Bad comparison, though, cause smokin' weed makes you want to eat everything. Or so I've been told. \:D

I ain't buying that type of congenial surrender from a lawyer. Especially you! \:D What kind of 40 lb. brute do you have up your sleeve?

On the Cumby? I can't buy a smallie on the Cumberland right now, mostly because the water is so stagnant. Almost all spots unless they generate.

That's a big ole gar! I blew it with a big gar the other day. Freaked out, and Bill Danced him fo sho. I got so excited I ripped the rope out of his mouth before he could really get a piece of it.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter, TannersDad, Bowkiller13
13380 Registered Users
Who's Online
35 registered (monsterbuck07, Eric Kilby, Droopy, Daniel n, junebugwapiti, AllOutdoors, 4 invisible) and 173 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13380 Members
42 Forums
95603 Topics
1118823 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.