Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#834777 - 07/23/08 03:42 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: caneyforksurf]
caneyforksurf
Button

Loc: Gordonsville, TN

I do tend to have a bad mouth, but as for the boat ramp...who knows...It is apparently suppose to go in across the road from me, but I haven't seen a sign of anyone doing anything... I did hear a September date, but haven't seen any action.
#834785 - 07/23/08 03:46 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: bowriter]
caneyforksurf
Button

The ramp is suppose to go in across the road from me, I haven't seen anyone doing anything. No one seems knows anything about it either. I do know the state owns the land and I did hear a September date, but I don't know what relevance it had.
#834789 - 07/23/08 03:49 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: caneyforksurf]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

Originally Posted By: caneyforksurf
I do tend to have a bad mouth,
I was just roughing you up a bit about the BS thing. Welcome to the site. \:\)

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#834805 - 07/23/08 03:58 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: strutandrut]
caneyforksurf
Button

Honestly, I have been blown away by the traffic on the Caney Fork, especially this weekend... I've been paddling that river heavily for about 8 years, and it has gradually escalated to all this... I always thought the Caney Fork had everything I needed but women, even that is looking promising lately...

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a game warden downstream from betty's?

#834819 - 07/23/08 04:10 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: caneyforksurf]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Downstream from Betty's???

Yeah. A lot of them. Most of them were in my boat.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#834821 - 07/23/08 04:11 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: caneyforksurf]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

Saw one launching at bettys sunday morning. Don't know which way they went but i was sure happy to see them.
#834884 - 07/23/08 06:56 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: caneyforksurf]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a game warden downstream from betty's?

Actually, I know that scn (TWRA enforcement) is inquiring into that very problem.

Look, caneysurf, I still think you're argument needs some fine tuning especially since you make money off the river and you are obviously not a fisherman, but you caught me right after a Saturday on the Caney where I felt like all day, I was zooming over speed bumps.

I don't claim to own anything. But I am saddened that I didn't enjoy the outing and can't return on a weekend. The canoers were too much, too disrespectful of their surroundings, and way too disrespectful of the resource (of course, not all of them - bad seeds in all the groups). It's nobody's fault and there's nothing I can think of to do, but I'm in mourning right now.

I understand that all canoes will soon have to pay to be registered. Overall I think that sux, but it will make me feel a little better if the registration money goes toward the resource just like the fishermen pay to maintain ramps, etc.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#834985 - 07/23/08 07:38 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: gil1]
mr.big
Non-Typical

Loc: Copper Head Road

seriously man,,where you live,I live in Kempville and work at Bon-L,,I know a bunch of people that live on both sides just wondered who ya was,,I don`t trout fish at all,but I knew you was gonna get a hard time.I can throw a rock in the river from where I park at work every day..

I do some stripe and striper fishing from Mulherrin down in the winter and early spring.

#835091 - 07/23/08 08:21 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: mr.big]
caneyforksurf
Button

I understand both sides of the argument. I am also a whitewater paddler and read the opposing side on BoaterTalk.com a forum with lots of heated opinions from the boater perspective.

I can also the possible need for canoe/kayak registration. Motorized boats are often annoying, should they be banned?

#835143 - 07/23/08 08:41 PM Re: SHUTTLE SERVICE [Re: caneyforksurf]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

I understand both sides of the argument. I am also a whitewater paddler and read the opposing side on BoaterTalk.com a forum with lots of heated opinions from the boater perspective.

I can also the possible need for canoe/kayak registration. Motorized boats are often annoying, should they be banned?

I really don't have a resolution or explanation. Except I will not go on the river on weekends in summer. I love canoeing, too, so that's not my point. The hordes will keep coming, and the fishermen will have to live with it or go elsewhere. I find that it is too stressful for me to cope with it, so I'll be one of the ones pushed off the river by traffic.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
59 registered (dh1984, Mr.Bro, Nealmeally, Tn_Va_Hunter, Tennessee Lead, bullshooter, 8 invisible) and 104 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89172 Topics
1042819 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.214 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.