Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#822679 - 07/15/08 01:53 PM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: gil1]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Its a funy thing, I have had clients insist I fish and others whom would have given birth had I picked up a rod. However I would and am considering booking a michigan guide who is also a great spey caster and yes i will insist he fishes so I can see what a good spey cast looks like.
I am fortunate and my trollong motor is remote controlled so I can run it from anywhere and given I guide fly fisherman I always give them the larger(front) casting deck.

#823227 - 07/15/08 08:37 PM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: ]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

what it boils down to is somebody has more money than time or expertease,you want somebody that knows the area,the habits of what your after,or their method for catching fish or scouting/hunting,its a fair trade,we learm more quicker by monkey see monkey do.a few folks dont want to learn just put me on the fish or get 1 in my line of fire,its all good as long as its legal.been on 1 guided boat for rockfish,been out deep sea fishing on party boats several times,i understand that it is all seek & understand if no game is taken.i do have expectaions that i should at least see some game.wished i was rich $ \:\) been lucky in love so im not complaining...too much \:\) mike243

#823400 - 07/15/08 10:26 PM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: Fordman]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

RE: Guided Carp trips.
http://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/carp_fly_fishing_report.aspx

I'll do it for 1/2 that price out of my flats boat!!!!

Gil and Capt.Hook....you boys need to order a hat!

#823409 - 07/15/08 10:34 PM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: 7mm08]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: 7mm08

Love the hat! I think I'm buying one.

I could never guide. Not that I'm even capable, but if I were, I'd hate it. Too friggin' hard, long hours, need too much patience, and I'd want to fish. But mostly, I couldn't take the pressure of having to produce day in and day out.

I "guide" a bunch of people carp fishing and a few for smallies and trout. Knowing you aren't getting a dime takes the sting out of having a mediocre fishing outing. I just couldn't cut the mustard and would never want to try. Hats off to those who have the stomach for it.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#823412 - 07/15/08 10:44 PM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: 7mm08]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: 7mm08

Love the hat! I think I'm buying one.

I could never guide. Not that I'm even capable, but if I were, I'd hate it. Too friggin' hard, long hours, need too much patience, and I'd want to fish. But mostly, I couldn't take the pressure of having to produce day in and day out.

I "guide" a bunch of people carp fishing and a few for smallies and trout. Knowing you aren't getting a dime takes the sting out of having a mediocre fishing outing. I just couldn't cut the mustard and would never want to try. Hats off to those who have the stomach for it.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#823568 - 07/16/08 04:04 AM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: gil1]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

C.H you have a funny way of looking at stuff,what i said was 100% true or why else would somebody pay a "guide" what are you getting for your money if you allready know where the fish hold or what the will hit ?.get a grip i never said anybody was over loaded with money,its like any thing else you pay somebody for a service you a-dont know how to do. b-you dont want to do or c-you dont have time to do.you take lots of stuff offensive around here.looks like you have lots of issues & im going to leave you with them.mike243

#823739 - 07/16/08 07:42 AM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: ]
Kimberman
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

I have been keeping my mouth shut about Captain Hook for a while now, but you come off as a total rear end just about every time your fingers touch your key board. I can only imagine that you would be the same way in person. If your business is guiding, I wouldnt let anybody know what your business is named, word of mouth and world of forum could ruin your business with an attitude like yours.

#823909 - 07/16/08 09:27 AM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: ]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Dammit fellas I got a little red when I read Mikes reply. After thinking about it and having a glass of stump water I got his point. YES your paying for a service. NO its not always people who have loads of money. Case in point if a person likes to fish a out of a drift boat, or a certain river is not outboard motor friendly, its convenient to hire a guide and let them handle the logistics.
#823943 - 07/16/08 09:55 AM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Originally Posted By: gil1
Too friggin' hard, long hours, need too much patience, and I'd want to fish. But mostly, I couldn't take the pressure of having to produce day in and day out.

Is that also why you're not married? \:o \:\)

[running for cover]

bd

Edited by Brian Dunigan (07/16/08 09:56 AM)

#823961 - 07/16/08 10:12 AM Re: Those who hire fishing guides [Re: B.D.]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

I have a boat and I can find and catch fish. I use Richard Simms a couple of times a year just for the experience and ease of it. I don't have to worry with the boat and keeping the rods and reels ready. I just get to fish and catch lots of fish. Wesley Parrish said something funny on our last trip with Simms. Richard
handed Wesley (and me and my son) rods that were already baited.
When Wesley caught a fish Richard grabbed the fish and was taking it off the hook. Wesley said "I feel like a dude at one of them dude ranches".

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (tanker179, infoman jr., Arkboy, Savage Shooter, Mossy Oak, 1 invisible) and 65 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.