Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#623106 - 02/20/08 12:54 AM Weatherby Vanguard 7mm rem mag??
sksfordman
6 Point

Loc: Fulton Ky.

I bought a Weatherly Vanguard 7mm rem mag, Walmart had it on clearence. Do any of y'all have experience with this brand, and model of rifle, in 7mm rem mag. I want to buy a scope, and I want to magna port the barrel, and put a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad, to further reduce the recoil.
I'm disabled due to a work related left knee injury, and I also have a lot of left shoulder pain, due to work injuries, my rt shoulder is in good enough shape to handle the full recoil of this rifle, but
i couldn't shoot a box of cartridges through it and expect it to hold up.
The main thing I must have to be able to continue hunting, is a quality tripod mounted rifle rest, that can hold the rifle for me, due to shoulders, but mostly due to Tremmors,in my hands, and lower arms.(you wouldn't want to hold a apple on your head, if I was aiming a rifle at you, and neither would the wildlife. lol)
I'm trying to adapt a large caliber rifle, to fit my needs. So If any of you know why I should, or shouldn't make these adaptations to this rifle please tell me. And if any of you have Tremmors, and have had to use a tripod, or a rifle rest, mounted on a tripod, please tell me of your modifications.
Sorry for so many questions, but I don't have long till turkey season starts, and I'll need a rifle rest before then to target practice.
Randy

#623327 - 02/20/08 08:44 AM Re: Weatherby Vanguard 7mm rem mag?? [Re: sksfordman]
firefox
6 Point

Loc: USA

Randy,
I once had tremors and a bum shoulder. The tremors were due to the medicine to treat the bum shoulder. The only thing I could do to help myself is shoot a lower recoiling rifle. For a time I shot .22LR. A bipod is a good idea but you will still have recoil to the shoulder that attaches to the hand that pulls the trigger. I hate to admit but the .22LR that I rested on a folding table and laid onto rolled-up sheets was total agony and intense pain. I wallored through it and I'm sure you will too. My best advice is to lay off the shooting/hunting and rest-up ;\)

#624250 - 02/20/08 05:21 PM Re: Weatherby Vanguard 7mm rem mag?? [Re: firefox]
sksfordman
6 Point

I have been resting up, I was disabled 3/01/2007, I can handle the recoil of the 7mm rem mag, I just perfer to magna port the barrel, and change out the recoil pad, in an effort to lower the recoil of the rifle. the tremmors that I have don,t come from taking medicine, I have to take medicine for parkinsons, to lesson the effects of the famialial tremmors I have. My grandfather had it, my mom, my sister, several of my uncles, and cousins, and lastly me. my meds. keep it under control, for the most part. I don't have the fine motor controls of my fingers, and the longer I hold a rifle up the more I can't, keep the rifle sights, or scope on the target, it's very frustrating sometimes. I've also been playing guitar since I was 8 yr old, and there's been many times before I got on the meds., that I thought I would have to quit playing, but that wasn't in God's will for my life. I just have to take the meds and, continue the things to do, as long as I can.
Randy

#631203 - 02/25/08 12:57 AM Re: Weatherby Vanguard 7mm rem mag?? [Re: sksfordman]
sksfordman
6 Point

ttt

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (fins&fur, Team Browning, 57bear, gatodoc, landman, pastorbmp, 13 invisible) and 120 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91592 Topics
1070575 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.086 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.