Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#607387 - 02/09/08 09:48 PM No More Gripein' About Gander
Tikkabuck
10 Point

Loc: Humphreys,Co

Nope not from me anymore !!!!!!!

Went went to Jackson for dinner tonight and my son was interested in a Mini-14 so we stopped so he could really check one out before we ordered one for him from Shooters. Oh why did I let him talk me into it,I shoulda stayed in the car.

Well they have Tikka's in there mostly T-3's but they've had one Whitetail Hunter(595)left over in .243 for $545 the last two times I went in and I kept saying if it was only in a different caliber I'd grab it,being I like the Whitetails way better than the T-3's (both are awesome though). Today they had bunch of guns marked way down and the Tikka was down to $349,YIKES. Well it didn't stay on the shelf long after I saw it. Like I really need a .243. Maybe put it away for a rebarrel after a while in .358 or something in the .257 range. I'm stoked. Dang I like old Gander.

Edited by Tikkabuck (02/09/08 09:49 PM)

God Bless Our Folks Over Seas and Vet's Everywhere

My Heros my 3 Sons

#607406 - 02/09/08 10:09 PM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: Tikkabuck]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

What other guns did they have marked down? rifles/ M/L

#607418 - 02/09/08 10:27 PM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: Rackseeker]
Tikkabuck
10 Point

I didn't look at all of them but just what caught my eye was a S&W M&P pistol in 9mm,a Ruger revoler and a Savage Mod 14 in 7mm-08,there were some other red tags but i really didn't check them out. When I picked up mine there were 4 of us waiting on our background checks to clear and more folks filling out theirs.

Hey Tim,they had a Model 700 in .17 Fireball wood and stainless fluted,sweet and I'm not even a Remington guy.

My Heros my 3 Sons

#607541 - 02/10/08 07:11 AM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: Tikkabuck]
TiminTN
12 Point

Loc: Memphis,Tennessee U.S.A.

Sportsmans Warehouse has 3 of them in different calibers on the shelf as well. You don`t have to be a Remington guy to appreciate a really nice looking rifle.
I have found myself looking at other brands now and then, and like many features of the different makers.
I`d say the 1 company that has come the furthest is Savage.
The new models with the large bolt knob, and smooth action are nice rifles.
We had a Predator Hunter that was in the back storage area that was in 223 with 9" twist that might have been my next rifle purchase, but it was sold.
Theres another still there in 204 but with that 22" barrel, I`m gonna pass.
We had 2 of the Savage right bolt, left port Varmint series with the full 1" taper barrel.

Thank goodness.

#608194 - 02/10/08 08:07 PM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: ]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Made a trip to Gander Mt. in Huntsville today. Man they are high, they must mark everything up 80% then mark it back down 50%. I'm glad you did good in there because I think I've made my last trip in there.......

#608289 - 02/10/08 08:57 PM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: Rackseeker]
Tikkabuck
10 Point

Originally Posted By: gbee
Made a trip to Gander Mt. in Huntsville today. Man they are high, they must mark everything up 80% then mark it back down 50%. I'm glad you did good in there because I think I've made my last trip in there.......

Yep thats what I thought and been yelping about it since they opened,thats why I was in shock yesterday. Just lucked out I guess.

My Heros my 3 Sons

#608672 - 02/11/08 01:56 AM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: Tikkabuck]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: Tikkabuck
 Originally Posted By: gbee

Yep thats what I thought and been yelping about it since they opened,thats why I was in shock yesterday. Just lucked out I guess.

Every now you can get a decent deal on one @ GM just got be there at the right time.Of coarse when they do have a deal the piggy banks broke I was shocked the friday night myself at a few they had marked down.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#609120 - 02/11/08 11:20 AM Re: No More Gripein' About Gander [Re: Tiny]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Tikka, I've been amused by all of the grousing on here ever since they have opened our Jackson store, "I'm not going back, too dang high", etc.,etc. I have defended them, because I like the idea of a national outdoor store being in my town, they have a pretty good inventory for the size of the store and, if you don't like the prices on one or more items, then buy it elsewhere! lol That fact doesn't equate that someone has screwed "you" because you don't like the price on a particular item that you did not buy. I am smart enough(I hope) to have bought a 700(at Walmart) a Bushnell scope(at Dick's) and a Nikon on ebay since they have been open, because I could get the best deals on those items from those sources. However, I have bought a number of items from Gander, a sleeping bag, bullets, scope mounts, a couple of blinds, and various other sporting items, because they had the best deal on those items OR because I was there, they had what I wanted and I was SATISFIED with the pricing. Congratulation on getting a good deal on the new toy. That's the way the game is played, at least by me.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (OneShot, larry.boy.k, Lady's man, rustyloafer, RAFI, Good time Charlie, 13 invisible) and 116 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90896 Topics
1062183 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.