Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#606454 - 02/08/08 09:02 PM Re: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window? [Re: Cull Buck Hunter]
sjalter
4 Point

Loc: Hillsboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Cull Buck Hunter
For me its about having my stuff stolen. I could care less what others think about having it in the window. Not to mention I would get fired at work, arrested picking the kids up and have my window smashed out at Wal-mart by a crack head looking for a fix. I think I'll just cover them up when they ride along, its less of a headache.

Just curious...arrested picking your kids because of entering a school zone with a gun.

What if an individual came from an afternoon deer hunt to pick up there kids and the deer rifle was in a gun case in the bed of the truck. Is that breaking school policy? If a teacher saw the gun case in the bed of the truck and reported you...what do you think would happen?

How does the law read regarding concealed weapons? If you have your deer rifle stuffed under your truck seat is that concealed? What if your rifle is in one of those things Gravey was talking about that you bolt to the roof of of you truck...is that considered concealed?

#606813 - 02/09/08 07:56 AM Re: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window? [Re: sjalter]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

no guns . on school grounds from my understanding,if you cant get to the gun without gtting out of your truck & it is out of site i dont think your breaking the law,i may get a ticket someday but with a regular cab truck seat space is limited,mike243

#607014 - 02/09/08 01:07 PM Re: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window? [Re: Gravey]
Tikkabuck
10 Point

Loc: Humphreys,Co

Originally Posted By: Gravey
 Originally Posted By: renegade50
theives and PC

What he said. If you want one within arms reach you can now get them that bolt to the top of the cab and you can't really see them and they're just hanging right above your head within easy reach.

Yup thats how mine is. Some of the older farmers around here still have theirs,in the windows, mostly in the farm trucks but every now and then you see them in town. Mostly for yotes on the farm.

God Bless Our Folks Over Seas and Vet's Everywhere

My Heros my 3 Sons

#607228 - 02/09/08 06:37 PM Re: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window? [Re: sjalter]
Cull Buck Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland,TN

I'm not quoting this as fact, but just as my understanding of the law.

No guns on school property with the exception of having a Handgun Carry Permit picking your kids up from school, but not on your person or leaving the truck with it.

The permit is not for CONCEALED carry it is your option to carry it concealed or open, but my instructor said concealed would cause less trouble. I prefer concealed myself, just my choice.

As for a gummount on the roof of the jeep, well my friend has one on an old army jeep, but he takes the M2 .50cal off before driving down the road, and yes it is a legally registered
belt-fed.

Originally Posted By: sjalter
 Originally Posted By: Cull Buck Hunter
For me its about having my stuff stolen. I could care less what others think about having it in the window. Not to mention I would get fired at work, arrested picking the kids up and have my window smashed out at Wal-mart by a crack head looking for a fix. I think I'll just cover them up when they ride along, its less of a headache.

Just curious...arrested picking your kids because of entering a school zone with a gun.

What if an individual came from an afternoon deer hunt to pick up there kids and the deer rifle was in a gun case in the bed of the truck. Is that breaking school policy? If a teacher saw the gun case in the bed of the truck and reported you...what do you think would happen?

How does the law read regarding concealed weapons? If you have your deer rifle stuffed under your truck seat is that concealed? What if your rifle is in one of those things Gravey was talking about that you bolt to the roof of of you truck...is that considered concealed?

#607469 - 02/09/08 11:38 PM Re: Shotgun/Rifle in truck back window? [Re: Hammer]
8pointbetter
8 Point

Loc: columbia

rednecks changed there carrying position more likley behind the sit

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BONE COLLECTOR aka RAMBO

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14, woodie
13110 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (Pic IN the Casa, TNCharlie, matt72, BamaProud, G8rntn, Bamamonts, 8 invisible) and 102 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13110 Members
42 Forums
89107 Topics
1042206 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.253 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.