Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#591882 - 01/31/08 09:30 AM Re: OK 204 Guys Lets Hear It............. [Re: showmehorns]
TiminTN
12 Point

Loc: Memphis,Tennessee U.S.A.

I`m around a lot of shooters myself, those that shoot the Savages do well. Remington, Savage, Sako/Tikka are the nucleus of the top rated accuracy rifles in my mind.
If I didn`t shoot Remingtons, and customs off those, and was just going to commit to a factory rifle, it would be without a doubt Sako. These are beautifully machined, smooth as buttermilk, and pleasing to the eye.

#593725 - 02/01/08 07:46 AM Re: OK 204 Guys Lets Hear It............. [Re: ]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

Originally Posted By: Dr. Dickel
 Originally Posted By: showmehorns
What do you fellas think of the Savage series of varmint rifles? I've read quite a bit about them on different forums and everyone only seems to have good things to say about them.
I have yet to see a Savage varmint rifle that would not shoot. They ain't the prettiest girls to dance with, but they get their groove on. I had a Savage VLP in 204 and it shot great, my buddy still has his. What pissed me off is they claimed their Accutrigger was adjustable from 1 1/2 pounds to 6 pounds. Mine would not go less than 2-9, buddies would not go less than 2-4 and we even swapped springs around in ours and it did not make a diffence. I complained to Savage that if they said their product would do something, then it better dang do it if I was going to own it. I tried to get them to send me more springs to try and they said I would have to ship the gun back to them to swap it out. I said BS to that as I was not going to be out $25 to ship a gun back to them to put a spring in that would not go to 1 1/2 pounds either.

Anyway, that was about the time Thompson came out with the Prohunter barrels that were 28 inches long for the Encore and I bought one of them to try and got that trigger set at 1 pound and started shooting it more and sold the Savage.

Long story.....but to answer your question, you dang skippy a Savage will shoot. \:D

I'd reckon that would piss me off too. You said they aren't the prettiest, but I've been on their website and some of those gals aren't too bad on the eyeballs! Or atleast I didn't think they were. They have one SS and laminated with a thumbhole that caught my eye for sure.

I thought about calling you last night, but I couldn't remember what I had done with your digits.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Fearless, WhitesCreek, ImThere, rabbit hunter, keystonecop, 2 invisible) and 58 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92902 Topics
1085471 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.