Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#589481 - 01/29/08 09:54 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: Tiny]
Model70Man
12 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: Tiny
 Originally Posted By: Model70Man
Went to Gander Mountain and was looking at ammo, and low and behold, Federal 55 grain Ballistic Tips for 243 is $49.99/box!!! The 100 grain Federal Nosler Partitions are $55.00!!! This is way too expensive.

Thank goodness I reload!

I wouldn't and don't doubt those prices at that place but do have to ask. Are you sure on those prices? IE Checked to see if the ammo matched the price tag on the shelf?

Half the time it doesn't is the only reason I'am asking.

I checked and double checked.
Zeiss Victory Varipoint #60 Illuminated

#589599 - 01/29/08 11:12 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: Model70Man]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Went to Gander Mountain and was looking at ammo, and low and behold, Federal 55 grain Ballistic Tips for 243 is $49.99/box!!! The 100 grain Federal Nosler Partitions are $55.00!!! This is way too expensive.

Thank goodness I reload!

I wouldn't and don't doubt those prices at that place but do have to ask. Are you sure on those prices? IE Checked to see if the ammo matched the price tag on the shelf?

Half the time it doesn't is the only reason I'am asking.

I checked and double checked.

I thinks we need to hit the lottery to get anything there.

BTW From what I've read on other broads it seems to be the same at there other stores.

Edited by Tiny (01/29/08 11:16 PM)

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#589963 - 01/30/08 09:37 AM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: Tiny]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Well, at least they have reloading components here in Jackson, for which I am grateful(and their bullets are competitively priced with others). I went to Bass Pro in Memphis the other day and they have discontinued said products, at least at that store.

No one's eyes go bad looking on the bright side of life.

#590243 - 01/30/08 12:00 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: 4onaside]
Bobby Williamson
16 Point

Loc: Bowlinggreen ,Ky

ammo and reloading components are higher at their store,,,,but they arent the only reloading store in Bowlinggreen.
There is another in town with everything and more than gander mountain.

Team Bear.
Stick and string Newbie- Long Bow Div.

#590443 - 01/30/08 02:44 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: 4onaside]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
Well, at least they have reloading components here in Jackson, for which I am grateful(and their bullets are competitively priced with others). I went to Bass Pro in Memphis the other day and they have discontinued said products, at least at that store.

1- Thats good and I agree in part as the one here does have a decent reloading,but way overpriced,section. If yours is compative with other stores in your area even better unless they to are overpriced. Just curious have you compared there prices to Sportsmans Warehouse??

BTW I don't consider 45$ Barnes TSX's or 30-40$+ Nosler competative hate to see what these go to there when new stock comes in.

2- BPS here is NUTS "IMHO" they sell powder & primers but No Bullets,Cases,or Reloading Equipement.

Edited by Tiny (01/30/08 02:49 PM)

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#590566 - 01/30/08 04:39 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: Tiny]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: 4onaside

1- Thats good and I agree in part as the one here does have a decent reloading,but way overpriced,section. If yours is compative with other stores in your area even better unless they to are overpriced. Just curious have you compared there prices to Sportsmans Warehouse??

BTW I don't consider 45$ Barnes TSX's or 30-40$+ Nosler competative hate to see what these go to there when new stock comes in.

2- BPS here is NUTS "IMHO" they sell powder & primers but No Bullets,Cases,or Reloading Equipement.
If I want to go by the store and get some bullets, it really doesn't matter about the comparison between Gander and Sportsmens Warehouse's prices, because the nearest SW to me is about 85 miles SE(Memphis),and the add on of a $20 to $25 surcharge for gas and three hours of my life makes it a no go. Although, my son has been to the one in Southeast Memphis and says that they have a very good reloading inventory. I just got a 7mm collet for an RCBS bullet puller in the mail today from Midway USA. Ditto last week on a front base extension. Neither were available in Jackson. IMO, Midway is a great source for such, because they have everything, and it gets from Columbia,MO on the 3rd day(order Monday / receive Wednesday). They add a $3.00 "special handling" charge on smaller items which means "we don't want to handle it for what the actual retail cost is". But I could care less. If I want it or need it I get it. Besides, I'm not buying similar items every day. Gander gives me another source to check, and if its higher than I want to pay, I just don't get it. Incidentally, I think that the very best of all of them is Cabela's, and I buy a lot from them mail order. Unfortunately, the stores that I normally travel in range of are in Ft.Worth(when I go to my daughter's) and Kansas City when I go to Colorado.

#590591 - 01/30/08 04:51 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: 4onaside]
4onaside
12 Point

It occurs to me that I said that I couldn't justify going to Sportsmen Warehouse in Memphis, but then I mentioned going to Bass Pro there. I lived most of my life in Memphis and still have many connections there. But, I don't make a special trip just to go to Bass Pro, and go there only if I happen to be in town on other business. Sportsmen's Warehouse, however, is a little different, since its on the other side of town from my usual travels. And, I try to avoid that area of town. Anyone from Memphis will catch that drift. If I'm going to be killed, I'd as soon it be in the Northeast Quadrant where I was raised. lol

#591381 - 01/30/08 10:26 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: 4onaside]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I went to Gander Mountain in Knoxville right after they opened. I thought they were too high on everything and have not been back.

#591439 - 01/30/08 11:08 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: GRAMPS]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

got a terrific deal on a cast iron lid for my 15 1/4" lodge skillet,lodge stopped making them & i seen 1 that said 15" made in china probaly & for $8.00 i said heck i'll try it,fits perfect,they wanted as much for the lid as the skillet when i got it so put it off too long,good ta go now \:\) mike243

#591445 - 01/30/08 11:12 PM Re: Gander Mountain [Re: GRAMPS]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
I went to Gander Mountain in Knoxville right after they opened. I thought they were too high on everything and have not been back.
That's the way free enterprise is supposed to operate. Nobody "has to" buy from anyone. You have to compete, or you wont stay in business. However, I like the convenience of having a national outdoor store in my town. But, that fact doesn't "force" me to buy from them. lol

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered and 41 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.