Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#563696 - 01/14/08 03:24 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: phildidit]
MFBAB
10 Point

Loc: Memphis, TN

Whoa, I'm not trying to argue w/ you, just trying to get a little info on your product and see if it's something I can use. You sound like a great salesman. I'm out of this.

#563713 - 01/14/08 03:31 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: MFBAB]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

A good salesman knows more about his competition then he does his own product. The point being, saying that it takes lime a year to be effective shows me all I needed to see in relation to this topic. I will stick with what works, and y'all can have your watered down lime.

You do know that lime is derived from limestone , which is largely composed of calcium. There is also lime which is derived from shells(dolomitic) and that is almost entirely calcium.

SO please continue.

#563810 - 01/14/08 04:15 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: captain hook]
phildidit
4 Point

Loc: tennessee

Are you even talking about the same product what active materials are in this watered down lime you hate so much. I am aware that there are different types of lime and some work faster and differ in Ca%, and aware that it takes time for lime to work. How soon you see results may differ for many reasons, rain lack of rain, etc.. Remind me to go great legnths to prove something works just because some folks you know tried something a couple of years ago and didn't like it.(did they even use it correctly) I must have left my phd in lime at the house today thanks for the info. didn't know i needed to back up my jokes with all my knowledge.
#563865 - 01/14/08 04:57 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: phildidit]
captain hook
10 Point

Originally Posted By: phildidit
Are you even talking about the same product what active materials are in this watered down lime you hate so much. I am aware that there are different types of lime and some work faster and differ in Ca%, and aware that it takes time for lime to work. How soon you see results may differ for many reasons, rain lack of rain, etc.. Remind me to go great legnths to prove something works just because some folks you know tried something a couple of years ago and didn't like it.(did they even use it correctly) I must have left my phd in lime at the house today thanks for the info. didn't know i needed to back up my jokes with all my knowledge.

Exactly as I thought once data is shown that proves you are incorrect you go to lashing out at me. This is about the product and what works BEST for its intended use.

You are the one that came here and tried to push a product which you claimed to be all superior to lime not me. I just provided the reasons why it is not nearly as effective and costs exactly the same, therefore there is no reason to get duped by smoke and mirrors.

If you are looking to lower PH lime is the best possible means,mainly for its longevity.

You forgot to mention how quickly your product gets leached out of the soil if it is followed shortly by a significant rainfall event.

Go back get your info. together and come back with a better more compelling case where you have researched lime and its properties and benefits in addition to yours. Then we can have a discussion.

#563987 - 01/14/08 05:57 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: captain hook]
phildidit
4 Point

It provides Ca to roots to compensate for not being availble in soils where pH is low. Chelated agent E.D.T.A., organic acids,and complex carbs. continue to react in soil to release existing Ca in the soil that can be used to neutralize pH. and increase fertilizer uptake by plants. So for a growing season in a hard to get to plot the product works faster and better than lime.
#564016 - 01/14/08 06:12 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: captain hook]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

none of the farmers in the Haywood County area that i know of use the stuff. everyone knows that farmers these days are looking for the best at the least amount of dollars spent. if it was any good at all they would be using it

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#564085 - 01/14/08 06:45 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: phildidit]
captain hook
10 Point

It provides Ca to roots to compensate for not being availble in soils where pH is low. Chelated agent E.D.T.A., organic acids,and complex carbs. continue to react in soil to release existing Ca in the soil that can be used to neutralize pH. and increase fertilizer uptake by plants. So for a growing season in a hard to get to plot the product works faster and better than lime.

Same thing that lime does, only cheaper by the way it lasts for a longer period of time. The consumer will spend 3 times more on your product over 3 years then they would is they used conventional lime.

The only benefit would be for isolated places, however if no water is available near by then they are screwed and will back to the original problem.

Pelletized lime is a much better option in isolated places where spreader trucks can't get IMO.

Your speal from above looks like it was copied verbatim from a brochure.

You still have yet to prove to me or anyone else how this product is more effective then lime. Think of it this way, this will help you down the road to handle objections from prospects.

#564098 - 01/14/08 06:54 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: captain hook]
phildidit
4 Point

maybe i should go into business writing brochures then. did i mention that it was faster
#564314 - 01/14/08 08:51 PM Re: Lime replacement [Re: phildidit]
captain hook
10 Point

maybe i should go into business writing brochures then. did i mention that it was faster

Fast is a relative term. If you get average rainfall then the lime will work in a very timely manner. Where as the liquid will be leached out too quickly to provide any major benefits.

If you have a exceptionally wet period then the lime will still work well just for not as long a period of time. Where as the liquid will be a waste of money and offer no benefits.

The only ground you have to stand on is isolated spots or during extremely dry areas or years.

I will stick with what works, has worked, and will always work given a multitude of environmental factors, and that is granualized lime.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (scope eye, in the dog house!, UTGrad, backwoods7, HuntNFish321, Doc Stone) and 95 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85284 Topics
1030791 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.201 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.