Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
He gave himself a ransom for all
For Unto Us A Child Is Born...

Prophecy Fulfilled in the Person of Jesus of Nazareth

The Saviour (Messiah) would be for people of all nations

Prophecy:

"And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?"

Genesis 18:17-18b

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fulfillment:

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 5:18,19

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 2:5,6

Prophecy:

"I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Genesis 22:16-18 NIV

Fulfillment:

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:25-29 NIV

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3491711 - 12/09/13 04:45 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
The messenger and bearer of a new convenant

The Messiah would be the messenger and bearer of a new convenant.

Prophecy:

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts."

Malachi 3:1

Fulfillment:

"And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent."

Luke 4:43

"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Hebrews 2:3,4

Prophecy:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"

Jeremiah 31:31

Fulfillment:

And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Mark 14:22-25

(See also Matthew Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, and Hebrews 12:24)

#3491712 - 12/09/13 04:47 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Messiah would be the Son of God

The promised Messiah would be the Son of God

Prophecy:

"He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation."

Psalm 89:26

Fulfillment:

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."

Matthew 11:27

Prophecy:

"I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore."

1 Chronicles 17:13-14

Fulfillment:

"Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes."

John 12:28-30

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature..

Colossians 1:13-15

#3492163 - 12/09/13 10:37 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: mr.big]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Messiah would be the Son of David

Messiah - of the house and lineage of David.

Prophecy:

"Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this."

Isaiah 9:7

Fulfillment:

"THE book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."

Matthew 1:1

He is our righteousness

Prophecy:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Jeremiah 23:5-6

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fulfillment:

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21

#3492165 - 12/09/13 10:38 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Messiah would be despised and rejected

He would be abandoned and left by His followers

Prophecy:

"Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help."

Psalm 22:11

Fulfillment:

"All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

"And they all forsook him, and fled. "

Mark 14:27,50

Prophecy:

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

Isaiah 53:3

Fulfillment:

And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee. Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew."

Matthew 26:73-74

#3493427 - 12/10/13 04:49 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Messiah would be the King of Kings
That you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Which He will bring about at the proper time - He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see

To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

1 Timothy 6:14-16 NASB

-------------

Being killed, Messiah would rise again from the dead

Prophecy:

"I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 10 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope."

Psalm 16:8-10

Fulfillment:

"He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Luke 24:6,7

Prophecy:

"Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

Isaiah 53:10

Fulfillment:

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Revelation 1:17-18

#3493792 - 12/10/13 09:16 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Messiah would conquer death!

Messiah would conquer death for all time

Prophecy:

"He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it."

Isaiah 25:8

Fulfillment:

"But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel"

2 Timothy 1:10

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:55-57

Prophecy:

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes."

Hosea 13:14

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fulfillment:

"Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:23-27

#3495560 - 12/11/13 08:37 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Messiah would rise from the dead!

Being killed, Messiah would rise again from the dead

Prophecy:

"I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 10 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope."

Psalm 16:8-10

Fulfillment:

"He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Luke 24:6,7

Prophecy:

"Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

Isaiah 53:10

Fulfillment:

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Revelation 1:17-18

#3495760 - 12/11/13 10:42 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
God Is With Us to Help Us...
Those who sow in tears
shall reap with joyful shouting.

He who goes to and fro weeping,
carrying his bag of seed,

Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy,
bringing his sheaves with him.

Psalm 126:5,6 NASB

Whom have I in heaven but thee?
And there is none upon earth that
I desire beside thee.

My flesh and my heart faileth:
but God is the strength of my heart,
and my portion for ever.

Psalm 73:25:26 KJV

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Psalm 42:11 NIV

#3495978 - 12/11/13 01:02 PM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
He Is A River Of Life and Healing for the Nations
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him. By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

John 7:38,39 NIV

For the Lord will not reject forever,
for if He causes grief,

Then He will have compassion
According to His abundant lovingkindness.

For He does not afflict willingly or
grieve the sons of men.

Lamentations 3:31-33 NASB

Page 533 of 550 « First<531532533534535>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (woodyard, paincave_2000, 1bow4me, redblood, rem.30-06, duckriver, 16 invisible) and 152 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13285 Members
42 Forums
85262 Topics
1030503 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.302 seconds in which 0.069 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.