Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#536094 - 12/21/07 08:47 AM Re: Cheap Simmons Expensive Repairs [Re: Locksley]
.444 Marlin
16 Point

Loc: Benton, Polk Co. Tenn.

Ive only had problems from 2 scopes. One was a IOR Burchurest european scope that was on my muzzleloader and the windage knob came OFF after one shot and the other was a tasco world class 3-9x50, the turret caps were so tight that the entire turret came loose when you tried to turn them. Now I have had tons of other tascos and simmons and never had a problem out of them so I cant say the entire company is trash because of one scope. I will say that all I own for my big game guns are nikon and leupold but I put a simmons 3-9x40 8pt on my remington 721 because I like the look and that same scope has been on probably 6 of my rifles and never had a problem from it.

Alright, I'm here now who wants my autograph??

#536114 - 12/21/07 09:05 AM Re: Cheap Simmons Expensive Repairs [Re: .444 Marlin]
Whelen Man
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Athens, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: 444marlin
Ive only had problems from 2 scopes. One was a IOR Burchurest european scope that was on my muzzleloader and the windage knob came OFF after one shot and the other was a tasco world class 3-9x50, the turret caps were so tight that the entire turret came loose when you tried to turn them. Now I have had tons of other tascos and simmons and never had a problem out of them so I cant say the entire company is trash because of one scope. I will say that all I own for my big game guns are nikon and leupold but I put a simmons 3-9x40 8pt on my remington 721 because I like the look and that same scope has been on probably 6 of my rifles and never had a problem from it.

Yeah, I've got several Simmons and Tascos on various rifles that have given good service. I've got a high end Simmons from years back and a couple of Tasco World Class plus that have better optics than my Nikon Monarch. They've never given problems so I'm happy with my purchase. Just make sure they say Japan and not China on the label has been my experience.

#537357 - 12/22/07 12:58 PM Re: Cheap Simmons Expensive Repairs [Re: Whelen Man]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: Whelen Man
Yeah Tiny, I noticed that the warranty card I had on the scope listed a GA address but it was old so I checked on the internet and found the CA site with a phone #. With the address change probably so went the service on older scopes.

Just for the heck of it I dug up my owners manual for the one I got last fall,it was printed in 2005 and lists the Ga addy not the Ca.,so you may be right above. ;\)

May give the old # a try after the holidays.

BTW I dearly love the Redfields Widefields have several of both the Denver made as well as the newer overseas good but not as good the Denvers.I Hope Meade will some day bring these back and with the old style POST to go along with the 4-plex.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#538780 - 12/24/07 02:10 AM Re: Cheap Simmons Expensive Repairs [Re: Tiny]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Whelen Man
Locksley, I've got a couple of the older Redfield scopes that have given good service over the years without any problems. They seem to be dependable.

They have given good service over the years and the old benchrest Redfield scopes with the tall steei mounts similar to the Unertals were good also.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
41 registered (BraveScout, Deerhunter, TrailWatcher, Country1, MUP, 348Winchester, 4 invisible) and 118 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91547 Topics
1070192 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.118 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.