Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 10 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#491886 - 11/13/07 02:09 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: ]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

I will be making the same purchase myself renegade50.

#491943 - 11/13/07 02:52 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: W.Seay]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: W.Seay
I don't care what anyone says, 326 yards with a muzzleloader is AWESOME! I would be willing to bet that %80 of the people on this site could not hit a deer at that distance with a hi-powered rifle. Congrats!
I think that you are 100% correct on your "bet", but that's the whole point that many were making. They are good enough hunters where they don't have to, and, knowing that, they don't try! Given the proper angle of elevation, you could probably kill one with a bow at 100 yards also, but hey, does anybody take that shot?

No one's eyes go bad looking on the bright side of life.

#492057 - 11/13/07 04:27 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: ]
MRUTVOL
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,Tennessee,USA

Originally Posted By: renegade50
its all about range homework and setup for the shot. mid south has the blue on black sythetic savage with scope for either $539 or $549 i think i will just get the blue on black and mount a good scope on it myself

That is about the average price for the blue/black combo. There was a place in Greenbriar Tn. called Guns and Leather that sells them also . They are well worth the price and once you get a bullet/powder combination it likes you will be amazed at what you can do with it. Just do not brag about it on this site like E.W.C. and I did or you will get eaten alive! \:o

#492132 - 11/13/07 05:29 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: MRUTVOL]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: MRUTVOL
its all about range homework and setup for the shot. mid south has the blue on black sythetic savage with scope for either $539 or $549 i think i will just get the blue on black and mount a good scope on it myself

That is about the average price for the blue/black combo. There was a place in Greenbriar Tn. called Guns and Leather that sells them also . They are well worth the price and once you get a bullet/powder combination it likes you will be amazed at what you can do with it. Just do not brag about it on this site like E.W.C. and I did or you will get eaten alive! \:o
Ah, you used the magic word "brag", which probably is what started the nay-sayers and which turns almost everyone off regardless of the subject. I could tell you about rolling a bull elk at 300 yards which was runnin' about as fast as they can go, but blowin' off about my great shooting would turn some off, and rightfully so, so I refrained. Some would say,"No brag, just fact", but it still comes off as self promotion regardless of how you try to say it. Killing the elk was the primary feat, not the shot. When the killing of the game becomes secondary to some great feat of marksmanship in the telling, maybe we have the horse before the cart. That's all folks! LOL

#492232 - 11/13/07 07:08 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: 4onaside]
ewc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

4onaside-

OK. So you can shoot at the same distance as me and yours is allright, but mines not? You had no way to exactly practice that shot (no bull runs exactlly the same speed, with the exact wind, elevation, and humidity here in TN).

I take a shot at a still animal, in zero wind, at the same elevation, temp, and humidity as what I've practiced at and I'm wrong? What a hypocrite you are.

#492248 - 11/13/07 07:14 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: ewc]
ewc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Fence Post-

Your rhetoric sounds a lot like PETA rants. This Saturday - put down your gun, walk to where you want to hunt, and kill one with a spear, while wearing nothing but clothes you made from previous skins.

Then you can talk about ethics / morals a little more clearly - and with more of an audience.

#492311 - 11/13/07 07:50 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: ewc]
4onaside
12 Point

I wasn't blowin' my own sails about the shot. You were your's(and still are). Also, mine was with a 7mag, and it was as much luck as anything else. Can you understand that LUCK? I just lead him with a steady swing and squeezed. Good shooting form that I know to try to do. I was kneeling and using a horizonal spruce limb as a rest. So, North and South was pretty well covered. It was the East to West that was tricky. That's all. But in the final analysis, it was just good luck. And there ain't nothin' hypocritical about that. The killing of the elk was the important deal, not what a great shot that I was. That's the whole point. Oh yeah, the animal was a 6 x 5, probably 4.5 or 5.5 years old, which probably weighed 650 lbs,10,500 ft up in the Colorado Rockies, not a 45 lb whitetail fawn which didn't even live long enough to become wild. Surely you could have gotten much closer to that class of animal before you had to take the shot. Isn't that what hunting is about? If it's not, you could accomplish just as much with your admittedly good shooting by never leaving the range. Man, you have your own handprints right in the middle of your back! Hey, the ability to do that without dislocating your shoulder is a bigger deal than the shot.

#492358 - 11/13/07 08:15 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: 4onaside]
MRUTVOL
6 Point

EWC....you might as well let it go cause you are not going to get anywhere with this argument. Somehow I think what got lost in all this is that in his own way EWC was just trying to state how well the Savage muzzleloader can perform on occasions. Just like I was misunderstood back when I mentioned I had shot a 1/2 inch group with mine at 200 yds. Maybe both post came over as bragging but I sure did not intend for mine to be taken that way and I don't think EWC did either . That is part of the problem with posting on forums with words. They can be twisted into many opinions ,right or wrong. It sounds like he made a great shot and I would say that any of us who have hunted a lot in our lives have at some time or another made a shot that was out of the norm for us and if you didn't have a little bit of pride in doing it then you are not human !

#492538 - 11/13/07 09:15 PM Re: 326 yards [Re: ewc]
DeerRabid
4 Point

Loc: South Caucasia

When I saw the title of this post I knew:

1) It was a Savage ML10II,
2) This post would go down hill fast.

I'm shooting 44.5gr of VV N110 and Hornady 250 SSTs at 2400fps.
The only gun in my safe that compare for accuracy is my Remington 700 varmint rifle in .222 cal.

Sure is nice to clean a MZ only once a year.

Congrats on a fine shot.

Edited by DeerRabid (11/13/07 09:16 PM)

#492854 - 11/14/07 07:01 AM Re: 326 yards [Re: ]
MRUTVOL
6 Point

i just know when i get mine i will be asking for all types of load advice from ya all that got one . dosent vithrovi(spelling)powder company make a 4 pack of 4 0z powder cans multi pack different powder thing to experiment with and dosent savage only reccomend certain types of powder be used only?

I am not sure about the 4 oz. 4 packs but yes Savage only list 3 powders but there are some others that work just as good or better just make sure it is comparable to the others. I use VV 120 . At the risk of upsetting EWC I would recomend you visit http://www.Randywakeman.com ,He has a whole host of articles on loads and the history of the gun. It is very informative, There is another site that I can not remember off the top of my head that is useful also.(EWC can tell you what it is) ;\)

Page 7 of 10 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Daniel Willoughby) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.