Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#427242 - 10/02/07 06:03 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: Winchester]
DROPTINE33
4 Point

Loc: Falling Water, TN

Hard to do that there Winchester if your only hunting for a few days on public land. I don't have the luxury of hunting private land or lease. I usually don't hunt 30 yards from the truck or four wheeler either. I have trekked as far as a mile to get away from hunting pressure. I would like to see you hike that far and remember your exact hunting location without a GPS or markers! Or let me guess your one of those who can read the stars,sun and the moon to get to your stand. LOL!!

#440302 - 10/10/07 01:59 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: DROPTINE33]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: DROPTINE33
Hard to do that there Winchester if your only hunting for a few days on public land. I don't have the luxury of hunting private land or lease. I usually don't hunt 30 yards from the truck or four wheeler either. I have trekked as far as a mile to get away from hunting pressure. I would like to see you hike that far and remember your exact hunting location without a GPS or markers! Or let me guess your one of those who can read the stars,sun and the moon to get to your stand. LOL!!

No Star reading for me, but I promise you, if I find a place in the daylight, decide to hang a stand, I guarantee you I can find it the next time I need to in the dark, guarantee ya!!!!!! So can anybody else with just a little bit of woods skills and the mind to pay attention! I've hunted just a tad on public property, maybe a few hundred days over the years, never ventured far from the truck however, bout 50 minutes is as far as I have ever walked to a stand in TN. But I guess your right, now after doing it for 26 years I need to start marking my trail for everybody to see!!! Order me 2 please!

#440708 - 10/10/07 06:08 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: Winchester]
DROPTINE33
4 Point

Loc: Falling Water, TN

Winchester your trade mark on the bottom of your reply says it all. Your probably the toughest guy I've ever had a conversation with. I DIDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION, I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE OUT. So if you want to argue with someone go to the general forum. Your not going to get a rise out of me through the computer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

#440919 - 10/10/07 08:04 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: DROPTINE33]
Knothead
12 Point

Loc: Middle TN

\:o

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

#443463 - 10/11/07 10:52 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: HOOK]
cole
4 Point

Loc: maryville

if you really want to save you money then put the reflective tape on clothes pins and you can take them back down when you leave that stand.

#443764 - 10/12/07 08:26 AM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: DROPTINE33]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: DROPTINE33
Winchester your trade mark on the bottom of your reply says it all. Your probably the toughest guy I've ever had a conversation with. I DIDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION, I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE OUT. So if you want to argue with someone go to the general forum. Your not going to get a rise out of me through the computer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I totally agree, and im trying to help you out, seriously, if you will learn to go to and from your stand without having to put up markers you will be much better off! Take your own advice on the arguing, you made the first smart alec response to me, outta nowhere.

#444039 - 10/12/07 11:15 AM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: cole]
Knothead
12 Point

Originally Posted By: cole
if you really want to save you money then put the reflective tape on clothes pins and you can take them back down when you leave that stand.

Uh, welcome to last week, Cole! ;\)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

#444045 - 10/12/07 11:17 AM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: Winchester]
Knothead
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Winchester
.........Take your own advice on the arguing, you made the first smart alec response to me, outta nowhere.

I would have to disagree on that comment.

#445103 - 10/12/07 09:37 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: ]
Knothead
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Foggy54
Hate to admit it but once I hunted a new Farm, In the after noon I found a stand built years ago.
Decided to hunt from it that afternoon, The next morning decided to hunt from it again.
Got out there at O-dark-30 walked in and looked all over for that stand. Decided to just sit at the base of a tree.
When day light came I was sitting 20 feet from the stand. Markers would have been nice that day.

Been there, done that.

#445318 - 10/12/07 11:37 PM Re: Cheap and easy trails [Re: Knothead]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

I actually combine both systems. I like to hunt out of the way places and usually there is an old skidder trail or something that gets me within a few hundred yards, I will then set up a non-reflective natural marker where I need to leave the trail. As I head to my stand I will bend twigs down at eye level so in the morning with a light I can see them. I will mark my stand with two bright eyes so I can see it as I get close. I have taken to this system over the years due to stand theft. Its way to easy for a thief to come in at night and clean stands out of the woods. I will not get stolen from again because I gave them a nice reflective trail to my stand.

John 15:13

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (wayne, Tenn.Guy, GOODWIN, TN Larry, tasaman, nick2720, 7 invisible) and 177 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99581 Topics
1171501 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.