Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#380518 - 09/04/07 03:49 PM Re: I went plow crazy. [Re: BSK]
deerchaser007
10 Point

Loc: Bradyville, TN USA

Originally Posted By: BSK
There are 43,560 square feet in an acre.

150 ft wide x 290 ft long.........

#380634 - 09/04/07 05:11 PM Re: I went plow crazy. [Re: deerchaser007]
tnclayboy
10 Point

Loc: Arlington tn

I may have went alittle crazy too .today a clipped the milo stalks where I plan plant .about a mile long and about 30ft wide.
the plann is to suck the deer out of the woods ( which I don't have permission to hunt ) It has worked for the last few years .
we will see how it works this year .

#381635 - 09/05/07 07:45 AM Re: I went plow crazy. [Re: tnclayboy]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: tnclayboy
I may have went alittle crazy too .today a clipped the milo stalks where I plan plant .about a mile long and about 30ft wide.
the plann is to suck the deer out of the woods ( which I don't have permission to hunt ) It has worked for the last few years .

With the limited food sources available this year, "drawing" deer with food should work extremely well.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#384023 - 09/06/07 09:04 AM Re: I went plow crazy. [Re: BSK]
tnclayboy
10 Point

Loc: Arlington tn

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: tnclayboy

With the limited food sources available this year, "drawing" deer with food should work extremely well.

Well in the past where I hunt is a field that drops off into some bottoms . there is a terris that snakes along about 100 to 300 yds all the length of our property .I have several stands and blinds on this terris ,in the past I just planted a small area around or near each stand ,I would hunt one stand glass down a 1/2 mile away and see deer in front of other stands . So the last few years I planted a stripp that connected the two plots of 1/2 Acre or so . Well the doe would hit the plot and walk and eat right past my stands no matter which stand I hunted ,so this year I plann on taking it a step further and just planting a belt of weat ,oats and winter peas past all the stands on the terris .It should work fine . The largest deer I have ever killed I killed because I got the doe used to eating and traveling the weat trail and come rut time I was in my stand and the buck came in at 4:00 in the afternoon following a doe on her daily routine.Never never see big bucks down there till the rut .but see way more small bucks than does . opening day of mz last year I hunted there morning and evening saw 8 small bucks and three doe .And would say thats about average sighting for that area . with such a huge Area to glass I always see a deer some where down there. Probably looking over 150 to 200 acres at one time in one spot.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (ZachMarkus, EastTNHunter, Billboy, Mrs Deer Repellant, cbhunter, caretaker, 13 invisible) and 122 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91412 Topics
1068605 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.