Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3779238 - Yesterday at 01:49 PM Wear Your Freaking Harness
FakeTree
Spike

Loc: Middle Tennessee

I work at the National Guard Headquarters in Nashville. Two weeks ago we were talked to about safety with hunting season coming up, especially wearing our harness in the tree stand. Well low and behold we (Tennessee) had four folks across the state that we know about here, that fell out of their stand with one of them being someone who listened to the safety briefing. Guys/Gals...it ain't that hard. If you don't care then don't do it for yourself, but do it for your family and friends! If you can't afford one I have two "older" but in perfect condition harnesses I will donate and mail to you and I am sure there are plenty of other people on here that will do the same.
#3779310 - Yesterday at 03:30 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: FakeTree]
jlmustain
6 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: FakeTree
I work at the National Guard Headquarters in Nashville. Two weeks ago we were talked to about safety with hunting season coming up, especially wearing our harness in the tree stand. Well low and behold we (Tennessee) had four folks across the state that we know about here, that fell out of their stand with one of them being someone who listened to the safety briefing. Guys/Gals...it ain't that hard. If you don't care then don't do it for yourself, but do it for your family and friends! If you can't afford one I have two "older" but in perfect condition harnesses I will donate and mail to you and I am sure there are plenty of other people on here that will do the same.

x2

I committed myself to calling out all hunters who respond to harness conversations with "you know, I've just never used one." For everyone on here who would call themselves too old-fashioned for one: you're on the internet posting to a forum. You're a regular, old-fashioned pioneer.

#3779436 - Yesterday at 06:34 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: jlmustain]
Mike Belt
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Lakeland, Tn.

Take it from someone who didn't wear one and paid the price...wear your safety device. I was stupid. I still may be stupid but I guarantee you I'm wearing one every time I climb a tree now. After all the warnings and reminders on here I don't feel sorry for those that fall.

#3779475 - Yesterday at 07:22 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: Mike Belt]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

happy Online
They make them so easy to put on and comfortable that it's dumb not to wear them. I started wearing one 2 years ago. Now i can't believe i ever climbed without one.

And i was standing 2 ft on the ground from where my cousin fell last year. We had hunted that morning and had our harnesses on. Got through hunting and went and ate and came back to move a hang on. Got halfway down and realized we forgot our harnesses. His exact words were "It'll be alright". He climbed up in the stand and un did the bottom strap and when he did the top one broke and down he fell snapping his leg in 2 places. It was stupid and could have been prevented by both of us.

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3779499 - Yesterday at 07:41 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: rem270]
Planking
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
Ive never hunted with one but after listening to everyone on here i bought one today.
#3779505 - Yesterday at 07:45 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: Planking]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: Planking
Ive never hunted with one but after listening to everyone on here i bought one today.

Best thing you could've ever done!

Still can't get my brother to wear one. He has two young kids at home and been on him forever to wear one. Finally found a HSS for a great buy and gave it to him and he's still to lazy to wear it.

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3779538 - Yesterday at 08:14 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: rem270]
smalljawbasser
Spike

Loc: Elizabethton

I can't understand the mentality of a person who is ballsy enough to climb 20' up a tree, stand on a 2sqft platform wearing a bunch of big clothes, dealing with rifles, snacks, binoculars and lord knows what else, without a harness on.

I'm scared out of my wits half the time with a harness and a linemand belt!

#3779540 - Yesterday at 08:14 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: smalljawbasser]
smalljawbasser
Spike

Loc: Elizabethton

Is it an ego thing?
#3779646 - Yesterday at 09:31 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: smalljawbasser]
Planking
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: smalljawbasser
I can't understand the mentality of a person who is ballsy enough to climb 20' up a tree, stand on a 2sqft platform wearing a bunch of big clothes, dealing with rifles, snacks, binoculars and lord knows what else, without a harness on.

I'm scared out of my wits half the time with a harness and a linemand belt!
When i was a kid i would climb as high in trees as i could get. I don't know why but i just love climbing in trees. I have no fear of heights, or shimmying out on a big limb at 25 ft. But, im going to wear a harness from now on. \:\)

#3779686 - Yesterday at 10:03 PM Re: Wear Your Freaking Harness [Re: Planking]
stryker
10 Point

Loc: jonesborough, TN

I didn't wear one half the times that I hunted till I got one of the vest and now I put it on before leaving the house. I love it,it's easy to put on and very comfortable. I don't leave the house w/out it on. I can put on whatever clothes I need to on and I'm still comfortable. I love it!!! I wouldn't sell it for nothing there's no price on your life more less putting family and friends through difficult times.
Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
126 registered (Dodge Man, Rockhound, RikkiV, Remington742, Poser, Dale3, 17 invisible) and 157 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94063 Topics
1098903 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.168 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.