Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3771603 - Today at 12:14 PM Dirt Bag
barkscaler
4 Point

Loc: Wilson Co.

Has anyone seen this new attractant made for a poacher?It even says on the commercial that it was made to keep anyone from seeing it.It literally looks like dirt.What will they put out next?

#3771607 - Today at 12:16 PM Re: Dirt Bag [Re: barkscaler]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
What is it exactly?

...since last deer season

#3771610 - Today at 12:18 PM Re: Dirt Bag [Re: catman529]
barkscaler
4 Point

Loc: Wilson Co.

A powder attractant that looks just like dirt.Kinda like The Crush products.

#3771615 - Today at 12:27 PM Re: Dirt Bag [Re: barkscaler]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
 Originally Posted By: barkscaler
Has anyone seen this new attractant made for a poacher?It even says on the commercial that it was made to keep anyone from seeing it.It literally looks like dirt.What will they put out next?

That was my thought as well when I saw it.

However, with all of the crap I see on the store shelves, it is pretty obvious that a whole lot of folks don't worry about hiding it.

#3771636 - Today at 12:47 PM Re: Dirt Bag [Re: scn]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

sleepy Online
 Originally Posted By: scn

However, with all of the crap I see on the store shelves, it is pretty obvious that a whole lot of folks don't worry about hiding it.

I would be willing to bet that bait sales skyrocket during deer season. Stores do nothing but encourage it.

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3771640 - Today at 12:50 PM Re: Dirt Bag [Re: Master Chief]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Master Chief
 Originally Posted By: scn

I would be willing to bet that bait sales skyrocket during deer season. Stores do nothing but encourage it.
I wouldn't blame it on the stores, they only sell what people will buy and there are a lot of people stocking up on bait for the season.

...since last deer season

#3771665 - 44 minutes 0 seconds ago Re: Dirt Bag [Re: catman529]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

So bait that looks like dirt? The pro-bait people are getting pretty desperate it looks like to me. It probably doesn't work good in the first place, so I am not worried about it.

Hunting is being on an honor system anyways.

#3771675 - 37 minutes 20 seconds ago Re: Dirt Bag [Re: woodsman87]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

there is no telling the inventions I have come up with sitting in a stand.. this is someone like me who had a little too much thinking time.. from a marketing stand point.. sounds like a good idea.. people who would never think of pouring out corn or the other highly visible stuff will buy some of this..

#3771692 - 19 minutes 56 seconds ago Re: Dirt Bag [Re: pressfit]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

content Online
From my observations, probably 90% of the deer attractants are sold during deer season. Same goes for minerals. People don't think of this stuff any other time regardless of the fact that the mineral benefits (if any) are for Spring and not Fall.

Also based on my observations, their is no reason for them to even be illegal to hunt over during gun season. Deer don't use minerals/salt/attractants during gun season anyway. I say this based on several cameras being over different sites using all the above year round all the way back to 2002.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (SMB44, TNTomtaker01, callemquacktn, skippy1058, 7mminatree, kel, 9 invisible) and 166 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93383 Topics
1090426 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.093 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.